Welcome To Cottage Corner - Made By Fulham Fans, For Fulham Fans.
Count to a million - Printable Version

+- Welcome To Cottage Corner - Made By Fulham Fans, For Fulham Fans. (http://cottagecorner.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Cottage Corner Forum (http://cottagecorner.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Everything else including forum feedback (http://cottagecorner.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Count to a million (/showthread.php?tid=7)

Re: Count to a million - Eric - 27-03-2016

Only 2.4 million more days until we get there

Re: Count to a million - Wurzel - 10-04-2016

531 and a typical day for me.

5/3/1 for a Beginner

Generally, I tell everyone to just do the program as is, regardless of training age.

Of course, if you’re a trainer and are using the program with a novice athlete or someone new to training, simply use your experience to make whatever changes are required – though there shouldn’t be many.

Now if you’re a beginner and are working out without any guidance whatsoever, it’s probably best to just stick with the basic program. One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards –  they usually have all the advice and none of the experience.

Below is one beginner modification that’s permissible, and effective.  It’s a subtle, easy way to add in some extra work on the main lifts without  compromising the program or the philosophies it was built upon.

You perform a full-body routine, three days a week. Full body strength routines are the best way for novice lifters to quickly get strong, provided the program is    non-retarded (i.e. adheres to an intelligent progression system).

Instead of just one main lift per workout (using the 5/3/1 set-up), two main lifts are used for additional weekly exposures. The second main lift, however, should not be performed 5/3/1 style; instead, use a standard 3 sets of 5 reps, starting at 55% of your training 1RM for the first set of 5 and increasing the weight by 10% each successive set.

The exception is the deadlifting day with presses as the second lift. Just do  5/3/1 here across the board.

Monday

Squat – 5/3/1 sets/reps
Bench – 55%x5, 65×5%, 75%x5
Assistance work

Wednesday

Deadlift – 5/3/1 sets/reps
Press – 5/3/1 sets/reps
Assistance work

Friday

Bench – 5/3/1 sets/reps
Squat – 55%x5, 65%x5, 75%x5
Assistance work

The program is set up the same way – taking 90% of your max and working up  slowly. All percentages are based on that training max.

The first thing I’ll be asked is, “What do I do for assistance work?” Because you’re doing a full body routine each day and using compound lifts, you need to keep the assistance work to a minimum. Chins, dips, back raises,  neck work, and curls will serve you well. Stick with that.

The above program is nothing revolutionary, but it’s effective. When you’re given a training max and the exact percentages to use every workout, it removes all doubt as to what’s heavy, medium, or light. This is simple and easy  to use for any beginner.

Intermediate lifters, provided the percentages on the non-5/3/1 days are lowered  by 10 percent each set, can also use this basic structure. (As you get more  experienced, you can’t handle the extra work at a heavier percentage.)

Re: Count to a million - Don Diego - 25-04-2016

Sorry Clyde.  I've worked tirelessly as part of the team bringing this thread up to where it is now but I've come to the end of the road.  Time to pass the baton on to younger blood.  So please accept my resignation.  [size=1.45em]532[/size] will be my last word on the subject.

Re: Count to a million - putstreetney - 07-05-2016

Re: Count to a million - clydebank - 05-07-2016

Re: Count to a million - Mr B P - 05-07-2016

Microsoft Lumia 535

Released 2014, December
146g, 8.8mm thickness
Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1
8GB storage, microSD card slot
6.7%
14,649,278 HITS
BECOME A FAN
5.0"
540x960 pixels
5MP
480p
1GB RAM
Snapdragon 200
1905mAh
Li-Ion
REVIEW
360° VIEW
COMPARE
OPINIONS

NETWORK Technology
GSM / HSPA
LAUNCH Announced 2014, November
Status Available. Released 2014, December
BODY Dimensions 140.2 x 72.4 x 8.8 mm (5.52 x 2.85 x 0.35 in)
Weight 146 g (5.15 oz)
SIM Micro-SIM
DISPLAY Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.0 inches (~67.9% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 540 x 960 pixels (~220 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 3
PLATFORM OS Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1
Chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 200
CPU Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
GPU Adreno 302
MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Internal 8 GB, 1 GB RAM
CAMERA Primary 5 MP, f/2.4, 28mm, autofocus, LED flash
Features 1/4" sensor size, geo-tagging
Video [email protected]
Secondary 5 MP
SOUND Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
COMMS WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, hotspot
Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
Radio FM radio
USB microUSB v2.0
FEATURES Sensors Accelerometer, proximity
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser HTML5
Java No
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/WMA player
- MP4/H.264 player
- OneDrive (15 GB cloud storage)
- Document viewer
- Video/photo editor
BATTERY Removable Li-Ion 1905 mAh battery (BL-L4A)
Stand-by Up to 552 h
Talk time Up to 11 h (2G) / Up to 13 h (3G)
Music play Up to 78 h
MISC Colors Orange, green, white, black, gray, blue
SAR US 0.46 W/kg (head)    0.38 W/kg (body)   
SAR EU 0.62 W/kg (head)    0.57 W/kg (body)   
Price group 3/10
Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Read more

REVIEW
360° VIEW
PICTURES
COMPARE
OPINIONS

MICROSOFT LUMIA 535 - USER OPINIONS AND REVIEWS
perera teq922 hours ago
When I charging it will miss behave

Pravda360 NiBy02 Jul 2016
That true.

Atom Lm{V01 Jul 2016
This OS is not so good Sad I had waiting for a important message but the smartPhone don't notified me and I Lost a important commitment. It's have a good performance but the OS have some bugs.

READ ALL OPINIONSPOST YOUR OPINIONTotal user opinions: 6631

Re: Count to a million - clydebank - 07-07-2016

nearly there!!

Re: Count to a million - Mr B P - 07-07-2016

Pill imprint 537 has been identified as Acetaminophen and tramadol hydrochloride 325 mg / 37.5 mg

Re: Count to a million - Ninjatom - 14-07-2016

Re: Count to a million - clydebank - 19-08-2016