Welcome To Cottage Corner - Made By Fulham Fans, For Fulham Fans.
Lack of Spirit - Printable Version

+- Welcome To Cottage Corner - Made By Fulham Fans, For Fulham Fans. (http://cottagecorner.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Cottage Corner Forum (http://cottagecorner.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Fulham and Football (http://cottagecorner.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Lack of Spirit (/showthread.php?tid=8976)

Pages: 1 2

Lack of Spirit - A Taste of Logic - 31-03-2019

The match of the day team noticed a number of players yesterday were not showing much yesterday.  We gave Man City so much room with very little closing down and a number of players just waited for the ball to come to them which will never happen with that quality of opposition.  The worse culprit was Sess who looked disinterested for much of the game I assume his agent has set his eyes towards richer skies.

Parker has got the team better organised but has not motivated them to cut out the stupid mistakes and give their all which are bad failings.

RE: Lack of Spirit - MR WHITE - 31-03-2019

(31-03-2019, 10:34 AM)the time is now Wrote: The match of the day team noticed a number of players yesterday were not showing much yesterday.  We gave Man City so much room with very little closing down and a number of players just waited for the ball to come to them which will never happen with that quality of opposition.  The worse culprit was Sess who looked disinterested for much of the game I assume his agent has set his eyes towards richer skies.

Parker has got the team better organised but has not motivated them to cut out the stupid mistakes and give their all which are bad failings.

We don't have one player that is natural leader, these players have had there arses whipped so many times they could need psychiatric treatment at the end of the season.

RE: Lack of Spirit - woody - 31-03-2019

(31-03-2019, 10:34 AM)the time is now Wrote: The match of the day team noticed a number of players yesterday were not showing much yesterday.  We gave Man City so much room with very little closing down and a number of players just waited for the ball to come to them which will never happen with that quality of opposition.  The worse culprit was Sess who looked disinterested for much of the game I assume his agent has set his eyes towards richer skies.

A bit contradictory to say Sess looked disinterested and his agent comment surely proving yourself against the best in the country is the way to get yourself a move

If he looked disinterested vs city he’s probably accepted another year in championship and that he’s currently not good enough for premier league

I doubt he was disinterested I think it was a tactical decision to leave him among city defenders in the hope we can break fast. Unfortunately he probably never saw the ball .

RE: Lack of Spirit - A Taste of Logic - 31-03-2019

(31-03-2019, 10:53 AM)woody Wrote:
(31-03-2019, 10:34 AM)the time is now Wrote: The match of the day team noticed a number of players yesterday were not showing much yesterday.  We gave Man City so much room with very little closing down and a number of players just waited for the ball to come to them which will never happen with that quality of opposition.  The worse culprit was Sess who looked disinterested for much of the game I assume his agent has set his eyes towards richer skies.

A bit contradictory to say Sess looked disinterested and his agent comment surely proving yourself against the best in the country is the way to get yourself a move

If he looked disinterested vs city he’s probably accepted another year in championship and that he’s currently not good enough for premier league

I doubt he was disinterested I think it was a tactical decision to leave him among city defenders in the hope we can break fast.  Unfortunately he probably never saw the ball .

If you want the ball you go and try to win it.  When we had the ball in our own half trying to pass it sideways City were on us like a shot. When they they did the same we gave them all the space they needed to find the right pass.  We made them look so good in the first 30 minutes.

RE: Lack of Spirit - MR WHITE - 31-03-2019

(31-03-2019, 11:02 AM)the time is now Wrote:

I doubt he was disinterested I think it was a tactical decision to leave him among city defenders in the hope we can break fast.  Unfortunately he probably never saw the ball .

If you want the ball you go and try to win it.  When we had the ball in our own half trying to pass it sideways City were on us like a shot. When they they did the same we gave them all the space they needed to find the right pass.  We made them look so good in the first 30 minutes.
   You don't have to make them look good , they are good.

RE: Lack of Spirit - A Taste of Logic - 31-03-2019

(31-03-2019, 11:07 AM)MR WHITE Wrote:
(31-03-2019, 11:02 AM)the time is now Wrote:

You don't have to make them look good , they are good.

They are good but unless you pressurise them when they have the ball you stand know chance and I am afraid apart from periodically giving them ball in dangerous areas we gave them all the space they needed.  The final score flattered us 0-5 would have been more realistic.  If those were Parker's tactics they were very flawed.

RE: Lack of Spirit - Mr B P - 31-03-2019

Parker has a few games left to prove he is a good motivator and tactician the jury is a our for a while yet.

RE: Lack of Spirit - Whiteforester - 31-03-2019

When it came to speed of thought and speed of foot we were an embarrassing second best. It wasn't nosy's tactics that were wrong, you need to get amongst them to have any chance

RE: Lack of Spirit - Mr B P - 01-04-2019

(31-03-2019, 04:54 PM)Whiteforester Wrote: When it came to speed of thought and speed of foot we were an embarrassing second best. It wasn't nosy's tactics that were wrong, you need to get amongst them to have any chance

It must have been Parkers tactics to not press the ball in the City half.  It must of been Parkers tactics to pass the slowly from the back where City did press us.

RE: Lack of Spirit - Whiteforester - 01-04-2019

(01-04-2019, 07:28 AM)Mr B P Wrote:
(31-03-2019, 04:54 PM)Whiteforester Wrote: When it came to speed of thought and speed of foot we were an embarrassing second best. It wasn't nosy's tactics that were wrong, you need to get amongst them to have any chance

It must have been Parkers tactics to not press the ball in the City half.  It must of been Parkers tactics to pass the slowly from the back where City did press us.

It may be to late in life but you really should try to take in the full context of a comment. What nosy want's them to do, and for perhaps many reasons, what the players are capable of doing may be alien to each other