Welcome To Cottage Corner - Made By Fulham Fans, For Fulham Fans.
Next Season's Squad - Printable Version

+- Welcome To Cottage Corner - Made By Fulham Fans, For Fulham Fans. (http://cottagecorner.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Cottage Corner Forum (http://cottagecorner.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Fulham and Football (http://cottagecorner.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Next Season's Squad (/showthread.php?tid=9014)

Pages: 1 2

Next Season's Squad - the time is now - 15-04-2019

Looking at players contract in detail:

1 Year Loan and going back

Rico
Chambers
Norveit
Fosu-Mensah
Markovic
Babel
Vietto

Schurle is on a two year loan.

Out of contract in Summer with 1 year option for extension

Ream
McDonald
Kebano
Cairney
Ayite
Johansen

So a a minimum we lose 7 at worst 13 not a happy situation when we rely on Mini Khan to provide replacements.

RE: Next Season's Squad - Addison - 15-04-2019

Cairney signed a 5-year contract this past summer 2018.

RE: Next Season's Squad - the time is now - 15-04-2019

Your are correct sorry I did not read his profile carefully enough.

RE: Next Season's Squad - Mr B P - 15-04-2019

So let us assume we take up the one year options, we end up with a squad, before any idiot additions of

Betts & Ramirez

Odoi, Ream, Le Marchand, Christie, Bryan, Mawson

Sess, McDonald, Kebano, Cairney, Seri, Anguissa, Cisse

Mitro, Ayite, Babel, Schurrle, Fonte, Kamara.

With a few Championship hardened players added that is not a bad squad.

RE: Next Season's Squad - rebel - 15-04-2019

The problem is that Khan Junior will see it as another opportunity to get his tick box out.

RE: Next Season's Squad - Tony Mac - 15-04-2019

(15-04-2019, 02:32 PM)Mr B P Wrote: So let us assume we take up the one year options, we end up with a squad, before any idiot additions of

Betts & Ramirez

Odoi, Ream, Le Marchand, Christie, Bryan, Mawson

Sess, McDonald, Kebano, Cairney, Seri, Anguissa, Cisse

Mitro, Ayite, Babel, Schurrle, Fonte, Kamara.

With a few Championship hardened players added that is not a bad squad.

Seri is off ~ good riddance
Sess - maybe ? Not sure he’s done enough to prove he’s good enough
Mitro - who knows he loves the club and might just stay,
Cairney - same as Mitro likes life in London

The rest hopefully will stay

Parker - after Saturday I’m thinking he may well be the man for the job
Beat Bournemouth away or even draw and he has the job

RE: Next Season's Squad - rebel - 15-04-2019

Babilino might stay; if we offer him the right terms.

RE: Next Season's Squad - Gandalf the White - 15-04-2019

Schurrle is gone. Not sure anyone will want to take a punt on Mitro? Obviously a great player in the Championship so we should defo look to keep however I think his inability to press didnt really help us this season. Much bigger problems than him defensively though. Sess will be an interesting one because this season was a bit of a nightmare for him. Maybe the big boys will come sniffing around for a cut price deal? I think I'd take 30 Million if its going back into the team (We have no idea how Khan is going to do business after last summer, we may have to sell to buy). Cairney I think will stay although if a reasonable offer came in I wouldnt be crying if he left. Couldn't control the games like he could in the Championship. Its tough because a lot of these players obviously know how to get promoted so hanging onto them makes sense but you need to look to the future as well. I guess we need to get promoted again before we have these problems again (no mean feet). Trying to build the premier league squad now should really be the goal. Just look at how we did it first time around and Wolves this season too.

As for Parker I like the guy but this is no time for "Symons-esque" experiments. Get someone in whos been promoted before and has survival experience. My pick would be David Wagner. With financial backing could do a great job here in my opinion.

RE: Next Season's Squad - rebel - 16-04-2019

GtW

Mitro - defensively he heads quite a few opposition crosses away. When he's up there alone and mobility isn't his strength, he does a pretty good job pressing the opposition.

RE: Next Season's Squad - Northern FFC - 18-04-2019

A lot of our squad players this season have been squad players for a number of seasons.

The likes of Fonte, Kamara, Kebano and Ayite are all likely to be shifted on as well as McDonald and Johansen (Not re-signing for us) as well as the loss of the better players.

It's going to be a long ass depressing Summer whilst the more organised clubs pick off our assets and Tony Khan pisses about putting wrestlers into headlocks on a PR campaign to massage his ego.