The 100 best English albums of all time
(19-08-2015, 07:31 AM)Marcus link Wrote:Val doonican's greatest hits

He's not English though...
Reply }}
The complete works of the Macc Lads
"Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are just Frosties for wankers."
Reply }}
(20-08-2015, 11:32 PM)295 crew™ link Wrote:The complete works of the Macc Lads

Just remembered TRB today.  Power in the Darkness.  A shoe-in.
Reply }}
Kirsty MacColl - Tropical Brainstorm
Reply }}
This whole idea is flawed as most albums, even the best ones, have a lot of crap tracks on them.  In these modern time people download the best songs ever made rather than the best albums.  The Rolling Stones are the best example of this all their albums have some excellent tracks on them but most of the tracks are poor fillers.  You must also remember that in the sixties and some of the seventies the hit singles of a lots of artist did not appear on anything but compilation albums. 

I suggest you look for the best thousand tracks as a starting point.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/

Gods and miracles only occur in fiction. 
Reply }}
(16-09-2015, 04:09 PM)Mr Bombastic Plastic link Wrote:This whole idea is flawed as most albums, even the best ones, have a lot of crap tracks on them.  In these modern time people download the best songs ever made rather than the best albums.  The Rolling Stones are the best example of this all their albums have some excellent tracks on them but most of the tracks are poor fillers.  You must also remember that in the sixties and some of the seventies the hit singles of a lots of artist did not appear on anything but compilation albums. 

I suggest you look for the best thousand tracks as a starting point.

He has all the hit tracks.  Hence I wanted him to hear the albums, even if they have a few fillers.  (One man's filler is another man's master-piece...The Battle of Evermore being a good example).

Anyway, I did it.  He loved the Specials, but hated The Ruts.  Loved the Faces, but hated Cream.  You never can tell.

Thanks all for your suggestions.
Reply }}