Looking for a Head Coach and not a Manager
(11-11-2015, 01:05 PM)Bob Fleming link Wrote:[quote author=Wayne Farris link=topic=14208.msg158260#msg158260 date=1447243128]
I'll give you the dogshit cheerleaders and a fair few cringefest jags things but on this front I don't think there's any reason for mass alarm just like there wasn't when we gave the keys solely to Magath/Sanchez/Dicks. It's a new way of working but one that has proven very successful in Europe and the Americas.

To be fair Rigg has brought in some decent players.  I dont understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist.  Kit was a tactically inept coach.  A good coach will work wonders with the squad
[/quote]

Agreed, on the transfer front Rigg did a pretty good job and brought some quality into the squad. Kit was just a bang average coach.
Reply }}
I like some of the players he's brought in too , But haven't we already done the head coach bit with Meulensteen and Symon's , I just can see a
High profile manager coming under the guise of head coach answering  to Rigg . but what do i know . i'm just old school . Can't see Wenger or
Mourinho answering to head coach. But then again i prefer football to soccer.
Reply }}
(11-11-2015, 01:33 PM)MR WHITE link Wrote:I like some of the players he's brought in too , But haven't we already done the head couch bit with Meulensteen and Symon's , I just can see a
High profile manager coming under the guise of head couch answering  to Rigg . but what do i know . i'm just old school . Can't see Wenger or

I think youre midunderstanding the role. When we hire a head coach he'll take control of the players and tactics.  He'll be the "manager" of the players at the club, Rigg (with his experience of scouting/football development) is the "manager" of transfers/scouting. Even Mourinho works in a system similar to this, he has his say on players coming in but the ultimate call is made by a collective group headed by a guy called Michael Emenalo.
Reply }}
(11-11-2015, 01:44 PM)Wayne Farris link Wrote:[quote author=MR WHITE link=topic=14208.msg158267#msg158267 date=1447245211]

I like some of the players he's brought in too , But haven't we already done the head couch bit with Meulensteen and Symon's , I just can see a
High profile manager coming under the guise of head couch answering  to Rigg . but what do i know . i'm just old school . Can't see Wenger or

I think youre midunderstanding the role. When we hire a head coach he'll take control of the players and tactics.  He'll be the "manager" of the players at the club, Rigg (with his experience of scouting/football development) is the "manager" of transfers/scouting. Even Mourinho works in a system similar to this, he has his say on players coming in but the ultimate call is made by a collective group headed by a guy called Michael Emenalo.
[/quote]

The head coach/players manager can still approach Rigg with players he would like to add to the squad.  It just takes the admin side away from the old style 'manager' as I believe it? 
Thank fuck we're out of that tinpot division full of cloggers!
Reply }}
Spot on Bob. The head coach has input on transfers with the dof and it's all taken into consideration but the final say is had by the dof.
Reply }}
(11-11-2015, 01:54 PM)Wayne Farris link Wrote:Spot on Bob. The head coach has input on transfers with the dof and it's all taken into consideration but the final say is had by the dof.

Wayne, this might look weird, but ○╚◘l┼
That's the last time I break your nose, I promise.
Reply }}
When we acquired Mike Rigg we got a top man in his field who is an expert in gathering the best available players around.  I do not understand all this sudden criticism as the players he acquired in the window for a very modest amount seem very good it is only Kit poor management that has ruined his good work.  A lot of team have split the player recruitment function from the management of the squad.  This is sign that we are putting together a professional management structure, something that has been missing for a while.

Times change in football as they do in everything else and this structure is eminently sensible. 
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/all-news

Khan must be told that not all mild mannered people are a super heroes.
Reply }}
I'm surprised at the enthusiasm for a Rigg (Chief Football Officer) and Head Coach set up as it strikes me as a system of ultimate power but little responsibility and little power but ultimate responsibility over the make up and it's impact on performance of the squad.

If it works, all well and good; but we are embarking on another experiment where an excellent coach who's tactically astute and a good motivator is in almost complete harmony with the actions of Rigg.
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
"sometimes great trees grow from small seeds" (Kit Symons 18 April 2015)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
This is not an experiment, this is a tried and tested format replicated by 100s of clubs round the world. Will it work? Who knows, just like hiring one man doing the whole thing. You can be assured his head is on the block from this point forward, if player acquisition and his selection of coach are wrong he'll get sacked as is the norm in Europe and the GM role in US sport.
Reply }}
(12-11-2015, 09:49 AM)Wayne Farris link Wrote:This is not an experiment, this is a tried and tested format replicated by 100s of clubs round the world. Will it work? Who knows, just like hiring one man doing the whole thing. You can be assured his head is on the block from this point forward, if player acquisition and his selection of coach are wrong he'll get sacked as is the norm in Europe and the GM role in US sport.

So basically what your saying  if understand it right is ! Rigg is head honcho ? so no high profile manager is going end up at FFC , someone like JFH , in my book  thats a experiment.
Reply }}