Once again
(03-01-2017, 04:38 PM)Patrick Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 04:32 PM)Realistic Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 04:03 PM)Patrick Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 01:57 PM)db10 Wrote: The team is not there at the moment. Promotion this year would be a disaster, and would result in back-to-back relegation IMO.

No need to whine about the team. Whine about the money that is destroying the sport of football.
I would like to see us go up.....and see if that would trigger some sensible investment from Khan......we need to get out of this (Championship) Division..it is a swamp.....we can do it if we get a proper striker this month...

If we were promoted Khan's policy of selling to buy would go out of the window. He would have to spend around 80 million of his money at least to buy quality players with premiership experience just to stay in the division otherwise it would be a complete waste of time . We would simply get hammered every week by the wold class players.
Can anyone see Khan spending that sort of money ?  I can't.
Fair point......but being promoted and then the subsequent spend.....or lack of.....would finally show the true intentions of Khan re. FFC....       MONEY TALKS...BULLSHIT WALKS..

How much cash do teams get on promotion to the PL ?
Reply }}
(03-01-2017, 11:09 PM)Constant Craven Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 12:03 PM)Realistic Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 11:36 AM)woody Wrote: Biding your time awaiting the next failure, a good way to guarantee your right!

The team desperately needs a run of wins, theyre not holding their nerve and seeing out results
despite being the better side, brighton prob went thru something similar a few years ago but they kept the
core squad together and persevered.

We all hope it will happen sooner for this team, but it may not and we may not even keep them together.

They are atleast playing well and putting in consistent performances, albeit trashed by "bad moments".

Actually I have been in hospital. Nothing to do with the team at all.

Hope it wasn't anything serious and that you are on the mend.

Yeah.....
‘Everywhere is in walking distance if you have the time’
 - Stephen Wright

Reply }}
(04-01-2017, 11:25 AM)woody Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 07:56 PM)Mr B P Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 06:15 PM)Northern FFC Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 06:12 PM)Mr B P Wrote: If we sign a quality Centre back and defensive leader we will become a much better team.

We need that PLUS two maybe even three strikers which is worrying as we know we won't get three.

There are plenty of goals in this team we would be near the top of of the table with a defence as good as Brightons.

I think with Kalas In the team instead of Sigurdsson in the last 2 weeks then we will be sitting pretty with 40 points and a game in hand and ready to strike!

Derby looked terrible and only took opportunities we gave them, and we outplayed Brighton and in my opinion they didn't look like scoring until the penalty was given to them

(03-01-2017, 04:32 PM)Realistic Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 04:03 PM)Patrick Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 01:57 PM)db10 Wrote: The team is not there at the moment. Promotion this year would be a disaster, and would result in back-to-back relegation IMO.

No need to whine about the team. Whine about the money that is destroying the sport of football.
I would like to see us go up.....and see if that would trigger some sensible investment from Khan......we need to get out of this (Championship) Division..it is a swamp.....we can do it if we get a proper striker this month...

If we were promoted Khan's policy of selling to buy would go out of the window. He would have to spend around 80 million of his money at least to buy quality players with premiership experience just to stay in the division otherwise it would be a complete waste of time . We would simply get hammered every week by the wold class players.
Can anyone see Khan spending that sort of money ?  I can't.

I agree Khan would have the opportunity to blow 100M in good prem league tradition and see where we go.

Match of the day pundits would very quickly frown upon him if he didn't, and it would be either
him making a very quick rush to the exit door, or him proving his intent is genuine and not all sh%t
either suits me fine Smile

(04-01-2017, 12:49 PM)TheCottageLoafer Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 11:09 PM)Constant Craven Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 12:03 PM)Realistic Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 11:36 AM)woody Wrote: Biding your time awaiting the next failure, a good way to guarantee your right!

The team desperately needs a run of wins, theyre not holding their nerve and seeing out results
despite being the better side, brighton prob went thru something similar a few years ago but they kept the
core squad together and persevered.

We all hope it will happen sooner for this team, but it may not and we may not even keep them together.

They are atleast playing well and putting in consistent performances, albeit trashed by "bad moments".

Actually I have been in hospital. Nothing to do with the team at all.

Hope it wasn't anything serious and that you are on the mend

Yes it is serious and a long term problem. Happens when you get old. Thanks very much for your comments.
Reply }}
I am not convinced Khan will not put his hand in his pocket to buy players.

We don't seem to be seriously linked to anyone in the January window so if Khan was serious we would  be looking to buy the 3/4 players we need to be a pretty good team and make a push for the playoffs this season. Nothing seems to be happening. I wonder what joka is thinking apart from trying to negotiate a better deal before his contract runs out.
Reply }}
(04-01-2017, 04:40 PM)Realistic Wrote: I am not convinced Khan will not put his hand in his pocket to buy players.

We don't seem to be seriously linked to anyone in the January window so if Khan was serious we would  be looking to buy the 3/4 players we need to be a pretty good team and make a push for the playoffs this season. Nothing seems to be happening. I wonder what joka is thinking apart from trying to negotiate a better deal before his contract runs out.

Not many players available in this window as most contracts end in June.  So lots of Clubs fighting for the same players and Khan's money only counts if he can afford to pay high wages and transfer fees withing the FIFA rules.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/all-news

Khan must be told that not all mild mannered people are a super heroes.
Reply }}