Another Ludicrous Decision By FIFA
(15-06-2018, 12:10 AM)cottage expat Wrote:
(14-06-2018, 02:26 PM)Ninjatom Wrote: As an American I cannot see how anyone could argue that the North American bid does not have the infrastructure. hat being said however, Trump needs to fuck off back to whatever swamp he emerged from. He's a miserable president and his handling off politics had to negatively affect the bid (not even going to get in to my many grievances with the prick), but this was the right choice. When the tournament rolls around it will have been 32 years since CONCACAF had held the world cup, and as a confederation we were due.

It's a disgrace that it's already 52 years since England (the birthplace of football) hosted !!
Serious question.......why no proposal.  You can't host if you don't put in a bid.
Reply }}
(15-06-2018, 01:48 AM)Eric Wrote:
(14-06-2018, 02:26 PM)Ninjatom Wrote: As an American I cannot see how anyone could argue that the North American bid does not have the infrastructure. hat being said however, Trump needs to fuck off back to whatever swamp he emerged from. He's a miserable president and his handling off politics had to negatively affect the bid (not even going to get in to my many grievances with the prick), but this was the right choice. When the tournament rolls around it will have been 32 years since CONCACAF had held the world cup, and as a confederation we were due.

It's a disgrace that it's already 52 years since England (the birthplace of football) hosted !!
Serious question.......why no proposal.  You can't host if you don't put in a bid.

The Olympics and the World Cup usually nearly bankrupts the country that hosts it at least with this North American one the losses are shared.  UK only did the Olympic in 2012 so it will be a longtime before we can afford the World cup.

I am sure North America has the infer-structure and that the group matches will be regionalised but with 48 teams (a third of the Worlds football playing nations) their will two group levels the quarter, semi and finals which will cause fans of the successful teams to travel huge distances. No clever organisation will get away from that and no real effort will be made to do that because the organisers of the big tournaments see fans as a problem not a benefit.

If this goes on the tournaments in the future will be played in empty stadiums.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/all-news

Khan must be told that not all mild mannered people are a super heroes.
Reply }}

They (FIFA) don't like us. We've been knocked back too many times to bother now and of course there is this policy of spreading it around the confederations and guess what...UEFA don't like us
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
"sometimes great trees grow from small seeds" (Kit Symons 18 April 2015)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
Finally a transparent World Cup vote in which we can see how each country voted rather than an Illuminati-style FIFA exec board vote of tournaments past. Nice touch that US colonies Guam, Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico all recused themselves. Infrastructure is all in place with no new plastic stadia to be built, destined to rot. Trump will be out of office. World Cup 1994 in the USA still holds the attendance records

Fully deserved. Only two bids to choose from anyway.
"there is hope, but not for us" - Kafka
Reply }}

England put in a strong bid for 2018 but it went to Russia because of what subsequently turned out to be bribing of bid committee members ( same thing happened to the US bid for 2022).
Reply }}