In defence of Tony Khan
He obviously cares a lot about this club
He has secured / spent a lot of money on this club.
He managed to sign Mitrovic
He is doing what he believes is the best for his club
He is not leaving transfers to the whim of transient managers (see the total financial mess created by QPR)
He is not perfect but he is not giving up
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
UNFORTUNATELY caring sometimes is not enough; especially as the Championship is probably the toughest league in the world to get out of. We could disappear like 'Portsmouth, Bolton, Sunderland etc'.
Reply }}
If Slavisa was not at Fulham Mitrovic would never have set foot in Craven Cottage.
"there is hope, but not for us" - Kafka
Reply }}
(10-03-2019, 07:36 PM)rebel Wrote: UNFORTUNATELY caring sometimes is not enough; especially as the Championship is probably the toughest league in the world to get out of. We could disappear like 'Portsmouth, Bolton, Sunderland etc'.

I think our DoF approach to transfers should stop managers like big Sam or Rednapp spending all the family silver whilst allegedly lining their own pockets.
Reply }}
I think his hearts in the right place but just hasn’t got a clue, I wonder who iit is that’s advising him to purchase these players
I mean Anguissa for 30 mil. I’d love to know who sold him on that deal
Reply }}
(10-03-2019, 09:36 PM)Tony Mac Wrote: I think his hearts in the right place but just hasn’t got a clue, I wonder who iit is that’s advising him to purchase these players
I mean Anguissa for 30 mil. I’d love to know who sold him on that deal

I think he might have had some bad luck.

Who would have thought that Chambers / Mawson CB pairing would not work?

Or that Sess and TC would not have continued on the good form that got us up.

Shurrle could have been good for us as could of Seri

I think the timing of the signings killed our chances of a good start and Slav took the fall for that, leaving CR to continue trying to lift a good squad to play as a good team.
Reply }}
Sacking Joka was a big mistake; but to be honest I think Joka was fed up; he had little control over recruitment although he was promised that he would have more input.

The way he was 'sacked' was so wrong.

There is no defence of 'Khan Junior or Senior'!!
Reply }}
(10-03-2019, 10:09 PM)rebel Wrote: Sacking Joka was a big mistake; but to be honest I think Joka was fed up; he had little control over recruitment although he was promised that he would have more input.

The way he was 'sacked' was so wrong.

There is no defence of 'Khan Junior or Senior'!!

+1 Angry
Reply }}
They did good things.

They kept Sess, TC AND Mitrovic, during TWO transfer Windows!!

They kept Slav.

They spent more than most other clubs.

They got stuff wrong too but at least they tried.
Reply }}
(10-03-2019, 07:17 PM)Peabody Raver Wrote: He obviously cares a lot about this club
He has secured / spent a lot of money on this club.
He managed to sign Mitrovic
He is doing what he believes is the best for his club
He is not leaving transfers to the whim of transient managers (see the total financial mess created by QPR)
He is not perfect but he is not giving up

1. FFC was purchased by Khan Senior to advance his aspirations to...
A/ Secure the potentially hugely profitable and imminent London NFL franchise for The Jaguars....who currently operate in the crowded Florida/South Eastern (Miami, Tampa and Atlanta competition) marketplace....and
B/ To have a London "presence" to further his Wembley acquisition target.

2..Khan Senior has signed off on investments prompted by a totally inappropriate "Recruitment Algorithm" operated by his son.... who he actually deemed too incompetent to run any of his mainstream US businesses.

3. The signing of Mitrovic was a result of aggressive lobbying by Jokanovic... and a desire by Benitez/Newcastle to offload someone they deemed "troublesome"..

4. As previously mentioned above in Point 2....the sole reason Khan Junior is in London is because he is deemed incapable of running any of the mainstream Khan Empire businesses in the US.
What he believes is "best" is obviously not the "best" for FFC.

5. Perhaps he SHOULD take on board the opinions/advice of industry "professionals".

6. I really hope.... for the sake of our club... that you are wrong..... as a continuation of this situation could have catastrophic consequences.
Reply }}