Has this season been our worst ever?
It is up there as one of the worst. Probably because of how quickly the wheels fell off, and the amazing contrast with last season's success.

The only one which may be worse in my memory was the relegation in 79/80. Most particularly the away match at Watford towards the end of the season where we lost 4-0 and I knew many of my mates were in the Watford end singing and gloating, and I was going to get one hell of a ribbing at school on Monday morning.

Thankfully, where I live now, I won't have to put up with that.
Reply }}
I think it is because we have had two good seasons, culminating with a final that we actually won, (for a change). All with a team that we knew and loved, managed by a hero.

Followed by a season of bollox from a squad (that never formed a team) made up of people that we didn't know / love, that was never managed properly.
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
I think going down last time after our great saviour MAF did not invest in the club for two years doom us to inevitable relegation was far worse.

It is better to have tried than to have never tried before.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
(18-03-2019, 08:09 PM)Peabody Raver Wrote: I think it is because we have had two good seasons, culminating with a final that we actually won, (for a change). All with a team that we knew and loved, managed by a hero.

Followed by a season of bollox from a squad (that never formed a team) made up of people that we didn't know / love, that was never managed properly.

Yes Fulham fans have been shafted good and proper. Angry
Reply }}
(18-03-2019, 02:27 PM)the time is now Wrote:
(18-03-2019, 01:58 PM)rebel Wrote:
(18-03-2019, 11:59 AM)Patrick Wrote: Yes.....for me the worst season ever in 30 odd years supporting the Whites........the main reasons being

1.  The sheer level of imcompetence in the Recruitment Process...

2.  The 'implied' disrespect shown to the core FFC supporters by engaging in effectively a level of nepotism that would not be out of place in the 16th Century..

3.  The 'actual' disrespect shown by the Club Management in not coming clean with the Supporters  on the actual 'Backroom' issues....eg the Kamara incident was only known about due to the Police involvement....etc

4.  The level of disrespect shown to the Championship winning side ...eg KMac/TC/StephJo/Ream etc....both in terms of playing opportunities...and most significantly in relation to the salaries being paid to the new arrivals..Seri/Anguissa/Mawson and Bryan in particular...I have it from credible sources that the 'Ratio' ie muliple ..was between 2.2 and 2.8 times salary.  This contributed to a huge amount of friction in the Squad in the early part of the season (Ref..Ream's comments/interview in early October).

5. The arrogant..... or naive...depending on your viewpoint......approach of Joka in early season in thinking his expansive approach would work in the Premiership.......he really should have noted the approach of Palace ....a limited..but clever (ie Roy) team on the Opening Day......where they basically took our pants down.

In essence an absolute fuck-up.....compounded by the fact that the owner actually spent a huge amount of money......

Worse than the crap seasons in the early to mid 1990's when we did not have a pot to piss in..so being crap was understanable.

Utterly disgraceful and incompetent....not to mentiion disrespectful ....hierarchy at the club....

Point 5, that's how Man City and Wolves play; it can work, Joka has used the first part of the previous 2 seasons ironing out his style and the team; I think 'maybe he should have been more prudent, he should have been given more time; but Khan panicked.

Joka was given enough time he could not cope and was completely out of his depth in the Premier League.  His limitations as a manager were shown in the Championship where it took him far to long to find his best team and his tactical inflexibility.  the high line he always played was always far too risky and got us in a lot of trouble in the Championship and a lot more in the Premier League.  Compared to management skills of Roy H Joka was an amateur with limited skills.  

The run that got us into the playoffs blinds people to the fact that Joka was not a good manager.

Bollocks utter fucking bollocks you've been spouting this bollocks again and again yet never respond when a fair rebuttal is put to you. You my friend are a wum or thick as shit... do us a favour and piss off.
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
"sometimes great trees grow from small seeds" (Kit Symons 18 April 2015)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
(19-03-2019, 10:38 AM)Whiteforester Wrote:
(18-03-2019, 02:27 PM)the time is now Wrote:
(18-03-2019, 01:58 PM)rebel Wrote:
(18-03-2019, 11:59 AM)Patrick Wrote: Yes.....for me the worst season ever in 30 odd years supporting the Whites........the main reasons being

1.  The sheer level of imcompetence in the Recruitment Process...

2.  The 'implied' disrespect shown to the core FFC supporters by engaging in effectively a level of nepotism that would not be out of place in the 16th Century..

3.  The 'actual' disrespect shown by the Club Management in not coming clean with the Supporters  on the actual 'Backroom' issues....eg the Kamara incident was only known about due to the Police involvement....etc

4.  The level of disrespect shown to the Championship winning side ...eg KMac/TC/StephJo/Ream etc....both in terms of playing opportunities...and most significantly in relation to the salaries being paid to the new arrivals..Seri/Anguissa/Mawson and Bryan in particular...I have it from credible sources that the 'Ratio' ie muliple ..was between 2.2 and 2.8 times salary.  This contributed to a huge amount of friction in the Squad in the early part of the season (Ref..Ream's comments/interview in early October).

5. The arrogant..... or naive...depending on your viewpoint......approach of Joka in early season in thinking his expansive approach would work in the Premiership.......he really should have noted the approach of Palace ....a limited..but clever (ie Roy) team on the Opening Day......where they basically took our pants down.

In essence an absolute fuck-up.....compounded by the fact that the owner actually spent a huge amount of money......

Worse than the crap seasons in the early to mid 1990's when we did not have a pot to piss in..so being crap was understanable.

Utterly disgraceful and incompetent....not to mentiion disrespectful ....hierarchy at the club....

Point 5, that's how Man City and Wolves play; it can work, Joka has used the first part of the previous 2 seasons ironing out his style and the team; I think 'maybe he should have been more prudent, he should have been given more time; but Khan panicked.

Joka was given enough time he could not cope and was completely out of his depth in the Premier League.  His limitations as a manager were shown in the Championship where it took him far to long to find his best team and his tactical inflexibility.  the high line he always played was always far too risky and got us in a lot of trouble in the Championship and a lot more in the Premier League.  Compared to management skills of Roy H Joka was an amateur with limited skills.  

The run that got us into the playoffs blinds people to the fact that Joka was not a good manager.

Bollocks utter fucking bollocks you've been spouting this bollocks again and again yet never respond when a fair rebuttal is put to you. You my friend are a wum or thick as shit... do us a favour and piss off.

What is that makes you such a fan of Joka and what is that make you so angry when someone disagrees with you?
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
Some people now seem to regard the 23 game unbeaten run under Jokanovic as a fluke or some how not very impressive. To put it in some sort of prospective unless you're pretty young I doubt it will happen again in most of our lifetime's no matter what division we're in.
Reply }}
(19-03-2019, 02:05 PM)Reznor Wrote: Some people now seem to regard the 23 game unbeaten run under Jokanovic as a fluke or some how not very impressive. To put it in some sort of prospective unless you're pretty young I doubt it will happen again in most of our lifetime's no matter what division we're in.

It was a magnificent achievement that will never be repeated I am sure but if Joka was still manager we would have been on our worse defeat in a row run.  

Brilliant in the Championship but completely out of his depth in the Premier League and previous achievement and loyalty count for nothing in football management which is about the most brutal non fatal activity there is.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
(19-03-2019, 03:06 PM)the time is now Wrote:
(19-03-2019, 02:05 PM)Reznor Wrote: Some people now seem to regard the 23 game unbeaten run under Jokanovic as a fluke or some how not very impressive. To put it in some sort of prospective unless you're pretty young I doubt it will happen again in most of our lifetime's no matter what division we're in.

It was a magnificent achievement that will never be repeated I am sure but if Joka was still manager we would have been on our worse defeat in a row run.  

Brilliant in the Championship but completely out of his depth in the Premier League and previous achievement and loyalty count for nothing in football management which is about the most brutal non fatal activity there is.

Joka struggled in his first 12 games in the Premier League for sure.   But then so did Sean Dyche.  Yet Burnley stuck with him, gave him the time to learn, and 3 seasons later they were in Europe.

It is easy to be wise after-the-fact, but I would have preferred to have stuck with Joka in the hope he too would learn and adapt, even if it meant relegation first time around.
Reply }}
(19-03-2019, 03:53 PM)Elvis Wrote:
(19-03-2019, 03:06 PM)the time is now Wrote:

Joka struggled in his first 12 games in the Premier League for sure.   But then so did Sean Dyche.  Yet Burnley stuck with him, gave him the time to learn, and 3 seasons later they were in Europe.

It is easy to be wise after-the-fact, but I would have preferred to have stuck with Joka in the hope he too would learn and adapt, even if it meant relegation first time around.

He never stood a chance really. Given a load of expensive dross at the last second and then as well as being expected to play Khan's duds he was expected to make them compete. Personally I don't think we would have set the premiership alight like Wolves but I do believe if he got the players he wanted and ones that would have suited his system we would have been ok.
Reply }}