Be the bigger man Khan(s). Time to say "I was wrong" and bring back Slav
(03-04-2019, 06:00 PM)Peabody Raver Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 04:20 PM)the time is now Wrote: So we get back to Joka again where we do not start playing until Christmas, no thanks we had 2.5 seasons of that crap.  I really wish we had kept him on to end of the season to prove beyond all doubt he is not a good manager.

That crap that got us to the playoffs twice despite very poor recruitment?

This is a Forest Gump sort of idolisation.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/all-news

Khan must be told that not all mild mannered people are a super heroes.
Reply }}
(03-04-2019, 04:20 PM)the time is now Wrote: So we get back to Joka again where we do not start playing until Christmas, no thanks we had 2.5 seasons of that crap.  I really wish we had kept him on to end of the season to prove beyond all doubt he is not a good manager.

It is how Joka works; a lot of things went against him; late recruitment, injuries, recruiting injured players etc.
Reply }}
(03-04-2019, 06:12 PM)Mr B P Wrote:

or just common sense based upon the past two seasons of Championship football?  Spin it whichever way you want...
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
(03-04-2019, 07:10 PM)Peabody Raver Wrote:

or just common sense based upon the past two seasons of Championship football?  Spin it whichever way you want...
I would like a manager who after the friendlies knows who his best team is and they start winning from the off. That is not Jovanovic.

Reply }}
I would like a squad that is in place in time for a manager ANY manager to know who his best team is after the friendlies. BUT as we have not managed that for the last three seasons I want a manager who can get us into the playoffs (as a minimum) under these circumstances.

I can think of a manager who has a track record of doing this in the Championship, can you?
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
(03-04-2019, 08:43 PM)Mr B P Wrote:

I would like a manager who after the friendlies knows who his best team is and they start winning from the off. That is not Jovanovic.

How many friendlies can be fitted in between the window slamming and the season starting?
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
"sometimes great trees grow from small seeds" (Kit Symons 18 April 2015)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
(03-04-2019, 08:43 PM)Mr B P Wrote:

There's no question about it Slav is one of the best championship managers there is no-one else comes close imo and the footballing style is second to none again. It wont ever happen though because I can never see someone with an ego as big as Khan's humbling himself to the degree he would have to - including giving Joka full authority - to persuade a return. Shame though. BP you're havin a larrrrfff

you know it makes sense

Attached Files
.jpg   bring back slavisa.jpg (Size: 105.91 KB / Downloads: 3)
Reply }}
How many people on here truly believe if we had persisted with Joka, that the worst defence in Europe would suddenly stop conceding 2.4 goals per game and we would have stayed up.

I don't.

Reply }}
Joke deserves a lot of credit but he's gone and is not coming back ! Time to move on and ditch the nostalgia.
Reply }}
(06-04-2019, 03:53 PM)cottage expat Wrote: Joke deserves a lot of credit but he's gone and is not coming back ! Time to move on and ditch the nostalgia.

I agree and would like to let to go but too many people on here discount this season see last season and the season before with the reddest glasses you have ever seen and see a saint who cannot be excommunicated.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}