Lack of Spirit
(01-04-2019, 09:18 AM)Whiteforester Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 07:28 AM)Mr B P Wrote:
(31-03-2019, 04:54 PM)Whiteforester Wrote: When it came to speed of thought and speed of foot we were an embarrassing second best. It wasn't nosy's tactics that were wrong, you need to get amongst them to have any chance

It must have been Parkers tactics to not press the ball in the City half.  It must of been Parkers tactics to pass the slowly from the back where City did press us.

It may be to late in life but you really should try to take in the full context of a comment. What nosy want's them to do, and for perhaps many reasons, what the players are capable of doing may be alien to each other
If you press any team from the front it reduces their attacking option and our players are good enough to do that but had been clearly told not to do it.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
(01-04-2019, 01:33 PM)the time is now Wrote:
(31-03-2019, 04:54 PM)Whiteforester Wrote: When it came to speed of thought and speed of foot we were an embarrassing second best. It wasn't nosy's tactics that were wrong, you need to get amongst them to have any chance

It must have been Parkers tactics to not press the ball in the City half.  It must of been Parkers tactics to pass the slowly from the back where City did press us.

It may be to late in life but you really should try to take in the full context of a comment. What nosy want's them to do, and for perhaps many reasons, what the players are capable of doing may be alien to each other
If you press any team from the front it reduces their attacking option and our players are good enough to do that but had been clearly told not to do it.

I don't have the gift of being able to look inside Nosy's mind so have to rely on what he said and what I saw and here's what he said post match...

“We wanted to stamp our way on the game, making sure everyone understood the way we set-up and how we wanted the team to play and that there was risk which we recognised.

“I thought the lads were brave certainly in the first-half, 1-0 down after five minutes you can fold, but overall it was a difficult afternoon.

“We wanted to play through the thirds a little bit and a risk came with that, that was proved with a couple of mistakes, I wouldn’t change the way the lads played, or the way we set up.

“If there was one thing it’s that the lads showed some bravery out there today because it’s quite easy when you’re playing a football match against a world class team like Man City to hide and play back to front quickly and not see any of the ball.

“I know ultimately that we lost the game through individual errors, but I was pleased with certain parts.”
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
"sometimes great trees grow from small seeds" (Kit Symons 18 April 2015)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
(02-04-2019, 09:31 AM)Whiteforester Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 01:33 PM)the time is now Wrote:

I don't have the gift of being able to look inside Nosy's mind so have to rely on what he said and what I saw and here's what he said post match...

“We wanted to stamp our way on the game, making sure everyone understood the way we set-up and how we wanted the team to play and that there was risk which we recognised.

“I thought the lads were brave certainly in the first-half, 1-0 down after five minutes you can fold, but overall it was a difficult afternoon.

“We wanted to play through the thirds a little bit and a risk came with that, that was proved with a couple of mistakes, I wouldn’t change the way the lads played, or the way we set up.

“If there was one thing it’s that the lads showed some bravery out there today because it’s quite easy when you’re playing a football match against a world class team like Man City to hide and play back to front quickly and not see any of the ball.

“I know ultimately that we lost the game through individual errors, but I was pleased with certain parts.”
The players must see how effective the Man City tactics are both attacking and defensive and try to emulate them as far as possible. Our players are not as good as those of Man City but if our players work as hard as the can under inspirational leadership anything is possible.

The Man City players were not born great they worked very hard to become great and the manager provides major support on how to achieve that.  With few exception must great players are made not born.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/all-news

Khan must be told that not all mild mannered people are a super heroes.
Reply }}
If you need to see an example of “spirit “ you just have watch Watford’s comeback.
Reply }}
(08-04-2019, 10:30 AM)MR WHITE Wrote: If you need to see an example of “spirit “ you just have watch Watford’s comeback.

A great match but can spirit alone help them to win the final, nice if it could but Man City could be the best Club side in the World now and will probably be much to good on Cup Final Day.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
(08-04-2019, 03:25 PM)the time is now Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 10:30 AM)MR WHITE Wrote: If you need to see an example of “spirit “ you just have watch Watford’s comeback.

A great match but can spirit alone help them to win the final, nice if it could but Man City could be the best Club side in the World now and will probably be much to good on Cup Final Day.

It will be nice to have a hard fought final but suspect like you that the best Man City team will blow Watford away.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/all-news

Khan must be told that not all mild mannered people are a super heroes.
Reply }}