Give Nosy The Job
(22-04-2019, 01:05 PM)the time is now Wrote:
(22-04-2019, 11:29 AM)rebel Wrote:
(21-04-2019, 07:05 PM)The Tinkerman Wrote: He has transformed us into a decent team in a few weeks from an absolute fucking mess. The backline that started yesterday would have conceded 4 or 5 under Ranieri.  Paul Ince yesterday said that its easy to get results now as the pressures off. Try telling Huddersfield that!

Joka wasn't given enough time, CR was given too much time and SP has been given 'we're relegated' time.

It has always been a squad that could do things; the problem has been interference from people who really don't understand football.
I believe 'whole heartedly' that Joka would have turned things around; but the board panicked in 2014, they did the same again this season. Conflicting personalities had a lot to do with Joka's departure.

Khan Senior implying that Joka would have a free reign on transfers; then Khan Senior saying and doing the opposite.

Parker has demonstrated we have a decent PL squad and it has not taken him half a season to get them to play like the incredibly, unbelievably overrated Serb always did.

'Unbelievably overrated Serb' got us to the Prem and would of kept us in the Prem; but for the 'jittery board' who panicked as per 2014. 
Not only did they panic, but were underhanded too boot.
Reply }}
Is our upturn due to having Scott at the helm or due to not having Claudio in charge?

Or due to the return of Stuart Gray?
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
(22-04-2019, 02:33 PM)Peabody Raver Wrote: Is our upturn due to having Scott at the helm or due to not having Claudio in charge?

Parker is a much better man manager than the previous two managers.  He listens to the players rather than blindly imposing their ideas on players as the last two managers have done.  

I know we got promoted but if Joka had got us playing well much earlier than he did in the Championship we would have finished in the top two and not got relegated this season.  The team that comes up through the playoffs always struggles to stay up made worse this season by the shortening of the transfer window by three weeks.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
(22-04-2019, 03:38 PM)the time is now Wrote:
(22-04-2019, 02:33 PM)Peabody Raver Wrote: Is our upturn due to having Scott at the helm or due to not having Claudio in charge?

Parker is a much better man manager than the previous two managers.  He listens to the players rather than blindly imposing their ideas on players as the last two managers have done.  

I know we got promoted but if Joka had got us playing well much earlier than he did in the Championship we would have finished in the top two and not got relegated this season.  The team that comes up through the playoffs always struggles to stay up made worse this season by the shortening of the transfer window by three weeks.
I agree this Joka love is so misplaced as he was a deeply flawed manager.  When Roy Hodgson left I felt really sad as we have never been even closely so successful since.  I really thought he was going to be our dynasty manager who was going to take us to great things for the first time in our existence. Had no such feeling with Joka, just another flatter to deceive manager like Fulham normally are.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/

Gods and miracles only occur in fiction. 
Reply }}

Parker is using Joka's 'blueprint' rather then CR's. 'blindly imposing their ideas on players'; Ferguson did that an awful lot; I doubt he ever listened to players.

(22-04-2019, 04:36 PM)Mr B P Wrote:

I agree this Joka love is so misplaced as he was a deeply flawed manager.  When Roy Hodgson left I felt really sad as we have never been even closely so successful since.  I really thought he was going to be our dynasty manager who was going to take us to great things for the first time in our existence. Had no such feeling with Joka, just another flatter to deceive manager like Fulham normally are.

'Deeply flawed', what? do you mean his English? he was awesome; one of the best Fulham managers.
Reply }}
(22-04-2019, 04:36 PM)Mr B P Wrote:

I can't believe you are still fishing with the same bait...
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
24 unbeaten
No average manager could ever pull that off

I feel that Parker at this point is a continuation of what Slav did, as he was a major influence....

Slav was 10 X the manager that washed up stubborn old Italian mule could ever be

BP said we’d all end up loving him come the end of the season, Woody also said the same if I remember right
Reply }}
(22-04-2019, 04:36 PM)Mr B P Wrote:

Wummery
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
"sometimes great trees grow from small seeds" (Kit Symons 18 April 2015)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
(22-04-2019, 06:19 PM)Tony Mac Wrote: 24 unbeaten

I feel that Parker at this point is a continuation of what Slav did, as he was a major influence....

Slav was 10 X the manager that washed up stubborn old  Italian mule could ever be

BP said we’d all end up loving him come the end of the season, Woody also said the same if I remember right
Best post this week!! Top marks!!  Big Grin
Reply }}
(22-04-2019, 07:04 PM)rebel Wrote:
(22-04-2019, 06:19 PM)Tony Mac Wrote: 24 unbeaten

Slav was 10 X the manager that washed up stubborn old  Italian mule could ever be

Best this week!! Top marks!!  Big Grin
I still say give Parker job he will surprise most of you as his knowledge of modern players will give him such an advantage.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/

Gods and miracles only occur in fiction. 
Reply }}