Wolves need to win on Saturday to qualify for Europa League
Holding the view that the football in every division apart from the PL is shit suggests you are an elitist.
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
"sometimes great trees grow from small seeds" (Kit Symons 18 April 2015)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
(01-05-2019, 08:37 AM)Whiteforester Wrote: Holding the view that the football in every division apart from the PL is shit suggests you are an elitist.

Let's be honest, there weren't many teams that successfully play 'football' how it's meant to be played at any level. Even this season we've been undone by numerous teams hoofing it, clattering you...same as the Championship. 

I think I prefer the Championship and I said this last season and at Wembley but the euphoria of getting there and the big name signings is a draw.
I want to moonwalk son, but life’s a shithouse.
Reply }}
(01-05-2019, 03:08 PM)Northern FFC Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 08:37 AM)Whiteforester Wrote: Holding the view that the football in every division apart from the PL is shit suggests you are an elitist.

Let's be honest, there weren't many teams that successfully play 'football' how it's meant to be played at any level. Even this season we've been undone by numerous teams hoofing it, clattering you...same as the Championship. 

I think I prefer the Championship and I said this last season and at Wembley but the euphoria of getting there and the big name signings is a draw.

Indeed. For 14 teams in the PL the sole aim is to survive and that's almost certainly true for a significant number of clubs in the other divisions. I'd be content with us being a football playing yo-yo club rather than a mundane also ran in the PL.
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
(02-05-2019, 08:49 AM)Whiteforester Wrote:

Indeed. For 14 teams in the PL the sole aim is to survive and that's almost certainly true for a significant number of clubs in the other divisions. I'd be content with us being a football playing yo-yo club rather than a mundane also ran in the PL.
I would we rather stayed up for at least 13 years again giving us time to develop as we did then until MAF pulled the plug and starved us of funds. The money you earn if properly used should mean we are consistently in the top half. We must get top two promotion as the playoff winning clubs chance of survival is long odds now with such a short transfer window.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/

Gods and miracles only occur in fiction. 
Reply }}
(02-05-2019, 02:17 PM)Mr B P Wrote:

I would we rather stayed up for at least 13 years again giving us time to develop as we did then until MAF pulled the plug and starved us of funds. The money you earn if properly used should mean we are consistently in the top half. We must get top two promotion as the playoff winning clubs chance of survival is long odds now with such a short transfer window.

The very essence of Mundane.
Reply }}
(03-05-2019, 08:59 AM)Whiteforester Wrote:

If we are going to get big we need a much bigger ground and much greater support but as that is unthinkable the FIFA financial rules have put limits on what our billionaire owner can do to improve our prospects.  So we have to accept our fate but I would rather we became an established Premier League team than one who keeps getting relegated and promoted which is the definition of mundane and it would confuse our tourist supporters.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
(03-05-2019, 09:10 AM)the time is now Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 03:08 PM)Northern FFC Wrote: Let's be honest, there weren't many teams that successfully play 'football' how it's meant to be played at any level. Even this season we've been undone by numerous teams hoofing it, clattering you...same as the Championship. 

If we are going to get big we need a much bigger ground and much greater support but as that is unthinkable the FIFA financial rules have put limits on what our billionaire owner can do to improve our prospects.  So we have to accept our fate but I would rather we became an established Premier League team than one who keeps getting relegated and promoted which is the definition of mundane and it would confuse our tourist supporters.

I'd be interested in knowing what dictionary you found that in. At least with yo-yoing we'd have some drama in our football supporting lives.
Reply }}
(03-05-2019, 09:17 AM)Whiteforester Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 08:49 AM)Whiteforester Wrote: Indeed. For 14 teams in the PL the sole aim is to survive and that's almost certainly true for a significant number of clubs in the other divisions. I'd be content with us being a football playing yo-yo club rather than a mundane also ran in the PL.

I'd be interested in knowing what dictionary you found that in. At least with yo-yoing we'd have some drama in our football supporting lives.

The opportunity to play the best teams in the World and at times beat them is more fun than playing in the Championship.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
(03-05-2019, 06:15 PM)the time is now Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 09:17 AM)Whiteforester Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 02:17 PM)Mr B P Wrote: I would we rather stayed up for at least 13 years again giving us time to develop as we did then until MAF pulled the plug and starved us of funds. The money you earn if properly used should mean we are consistently in the top half. We must get top two promotion as the playoff winning clubs chance of survival is long odds now with such a short transfer window.

The opportunity to play the best teams in the World and at times beat them is more fun than playing in the Championship.

Even if all the top six are 'the best teams in the world' that's 1/3rd of a season of most likely nil points with the other 2/3rds playing what, champ+ teams trying to scramble to 40 points.
Reply }}