Good news, we are looking for an experienced manager
The point, for me anyway, is whoever gets the job will have to work under the restraints of still having Tony Khan as head of recruitment. We all read TK's statement on relegation and it's pretty clear he will still be pulling the strings. I can't understand when people say let Parker or whoever do the player trading. It isn't going to happen. Shahid Khan owns the club and his son Tony has the biggest say on players brought in and that's that. It isn't going to change and is the biggest single issue there is at the moment regarding Fulham's fortunes on the pitch.
Reply }}
(07-05-2019, 02:05 PM)Reznor Wrote: The point, for me anyway, is whoever gets the job will have to work under the restraints of still having Tony Khan as head of recruitment. We all read TK's statement on relegation and it's pretty clear he will still be pulling the strings. I can't understand when people say let Parker or whoever do the player trading. It isn't going to happen. Shahid Khan owns the club and his son Tony has the biggest say on players brought in and that's that. It isn't going to change and is the biggest single issue there is at the moment regarding Fulham's fortunes on the pitch.

People are actually saying the manager (not that it's possible at this time) should do the recruitment not Khan Junior; as to whether that will be possible in the future, we will have to wait and see.
Reply }}
(07-05-2019, 02:11 PM)rebel Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 02:05 PM)Reznor Wrote: The point, for me anyway, is whoever gets the job will have to work under the restraints of still having Tony Khan as head of recruitment. We all read TK's statement on relegation and it's pretty clear he will still be pulling the strings. I can't understand when people say let Parker or whoever do the player trading. It isn't going to happen. Shahid Khan owns the club and his son Tony has the biggest say on players brought in and that's that. It isn't going to change and is the biggest single issue there is at the moment regarding Fulham's fortunes on the pitch.

People are actually saying the manager (not that it's possible at this time) should do the recruitment not Khan Junior; as to whether that will be possible in the future, we will have to wait and see.

We all know it should happen but it won't. Tony Khan has an ego the size of the QE2. You only have to look at his Twitter profile pic to know that. I suppose the only thing is pressure will fall more quickly on the Khan's this time around if 3/4 players that no-one's ever heard of are signed and then appear to be hopeless. Supporters will pretty much be switched on to Khan's crap player radar this time around.
Reply }}
(07-05-2019, 02:23 PM)Reznor Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 02:11 PM)rebel Wrote:

We all know it should happen but it won't. Tony Khan has an ego the size of the QE2. You only have to look at his Twitter profile pic to know that. I suppose the only thing is pressure will fall more quickly on the Khan's this time around if 3/4 players that no-one's ever heard of are signed and then appear to be hopeless. Supporters will pretty much be switched on to Khan's crap player radar this time around.
Khan Junior wants to create a 'business model' out of the transfer business the club does; success and this 'business model' are not compatible; if it was every club would be doing and succeeding at it. Thus the under 28 recruitment policy, which they broke when they took Ryan Babel and what a success he has been on the pitch.
Reply }}
(06-05-2019, 10:45 PM)Northern FFC Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 09:35 PM)cottage expat Wrote: If true, glad he said no.

Really? He had Arsenal playing some insane football and I'd imagine players would be fighting over coming here to play for him...

That was then and he accomplished a lot with often limited resources. However, he got set in his ways and I don't think he's what we need to rebuild and get us back up
Reply }}
I believe Parker has proved there was nothing wrong with players in fact we got a much higher proportion of good players than the old fashioned system of letting the manager recruit all the players who used to be good when he knew them at other clubs.
Not all new systems are bad.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
Wegnor has Zero experience at that level
Championships a different animal...

He’s only ever managed privileged teams at the highest level, would be another Ranierri in the making
Reply }}
(07-05-2019, 05:12 PM)the time is now Wrote: I believe Parker has proved there was nothing wrong with players in fact we got a much higher proportion of good players than the old fashioned system of letting the manager recruit all the players who used to be good when he knew them at other clubs.

Personally I can't judge a team on games played after relegation. For me the improvement could just as easily be we have a majority of players who can't play under pressure and once relegation was confirmed there was none. It's impossible to judge a team on games that in the big scheme of things don't really matter. I have no issue with Parker. He could be great, he could be awful. He's just a bit of an unknown for a long term appointment.
Reply }}
(07-05-2019, 05:28 PM)Reznor Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 05:12 PM)the time is now Wrote: I believe Parker has proved there was nothing wrong with players in fact we got a much higher proportion of good players than the old fashioned system of letting the manager recruit all the players who used to be good when he knew them at other clubs.  

Personally I can't judge a team on games played after relegation. For me the improvement could just as easily be we have a majority of players who can't play under pressure and once relegation was confirmed there was none. It's impossible to judge a team on games that in the big scheme of things don't really matter. I have no issue with Parker. He could be great, he could be awful. He's just a bit of an unknown for a long term appointment.
We would be gutted to let him go and he goes to another club and does brilliantly.  Let us take a risk with him,  employing a certainty did not work.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/

Gods and miracles only occur in fiction. 
Reply }}
(08-05-2019, 09:57 AM)Mr B P Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 05:28 PM)Reznor Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 05:12 PM)the time is now Wrote: I believe Parker has proved there was nothing wrong with players in fact we got a much higher proportion of good players than the old fashioned system of letting the manager recruit all the players who used to be good when he knew them at other clubs.  

We would be gutted to let him go and he goes to another club and does brilliantly.  Let us take a risk with him,  employing a certainty did not work.

Parker will get the job anyway. It's sounding like Khan is struggling to bring in a more experienced person as everyone working in football knows what restraints a Fulham manager has to work under so no manager worth his salt is going to put their reputation on the line to have it ruined by the recruitment policy. They may as well give it to Parker as he's already stated he is happy to work under the current recruitment scheme.
Reply }}