Passing To nowhere
Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, then a promising pass forward followed by a pass backwards then we lose the ball and two passes later the ball is in the net. This happens three more times.

67% of the match we have the ball going nowhere the rest of the time Newcastle keep getting the ball forward quickly and score goals.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
In the second half, up until around the 60th min9, we had 85% possession without a single shot in target... With Newcastle 15 they managed to score.

We need a new team...
I want to moonwalk son, but life’s a shithouse.
Reply }}
(13-05-2019, 01:04 AM)Northern FFC Wrote: In the second half, up until around the 60th min9, we had 85% possession without a single shot in target... With Newcastle 15 they managed to score.

We need a new team...

Owners and a manager  Big Grin
Reply }}
764 of them to their 359, attempts 16/13, on target 2/6. Quite simply we've never been incisive enough in this league, much faffing around at arms length with no runners.
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
"sometimes great trees grow from small seeds" (Kit Symons 18 April 2015)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
(13-05-2019, 09:56 AM)Whiteforester Wrote: 764 of them to their 359, attempts 16/13, on target 2/6. Quite simply we've never been incisive enough in this league, much faffing around at arms length with no runners.

It was the contrast with Newcastle that made it worse because every time they got the ball a man was running down the wing and a slick pass to them resulted in a dangerous cross into the box.  Our attacking lack any such decisiveness.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/

Gods and miracles only occur in fiction. 
Reply }}
(13-05-2019, 02:23 PM)Mr B P Wrote:
(13-05-2019, 09:56 AM)Whiteforester Wrote: 764 of them to their 359, attempts 16/13, on target 2/6. Quite simply we've never been incisive enough in this league, much faffing around at arms length with no runners.

It was the contrast with Newcastle that made it worse because every time they got the ball a man was running down the wing and a slick pass to them resulted in a dangerous cross into the box.  Our attacking lack any such decisiveness.

It's called speed of transition.
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
I think the passing was slow and methodically; it lacked the confidence in parts, the same as the team. Remember the passing at the 'peak' last season, that was a team with plenty of confidence, not scared of giving the ball away.
Reply }}
(14-05-2019, 12:42 PM)rebel Wrote: I think the passing was slow and methodically; it lacked the confidence in parts, the same as the team. Remember the passing at the 'peak' last season, that was a team with plenty of confidence, not scared of giving the ball away.

We also had Freddo, his pace has been a big loss.
Reply }}
(15-05-2019, 09:01 AM)Whiteforester Wrote:
(14-05-2019, 12:42 PM)rebel Wrote: I think the passing was slow and methodically; it lacked the confidence in parts, the same as the team. Remember the passing at the 'peak' last season, that was a team with plenty of confidence, not scared of giving the ball away.

Yep, if Derby don't go up, I'd try to get Scott Malone.
Reply }}
(15-05-2019, 09:19 AM)rebel Wrote:
(15-05-2019, 09:01 AM)Whiteforester Wrote:

Yep, if Derby don't go up, I'd try to get Scott Malone.

Do we need to replace Bryan? CB and RB are priorities although S.Sess should get a crack at the latter.
Reply }}