Chris Hughton better than Parker?
Should we have waited to see who is available before confirming Parker in post?
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
Until Parker has proved or unproved himself we do not know how good or bad he is as a manager. I thought he was very brave to come out on the pitch yesterday he must have been devastated after that performance and probably wanted to hide or shout at the players.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/

Gods and miracles only occur in fiction. 
Reply }}
(13-05-2019, 02:04 PM)Mr B P Wrote: Until Parker has proved or unproved himself we do not know how good or bad he is as a manager. 

Could be a football genius, or could be another Kit Symons. Hughton has bags of experience and two promotions on   his CV, which is why he would have been a very viable candidate had the vacancy not already been filled.
"I'm just too good to be true, can't take my eyes off of me....."

(Visit http://www.nwmfootball.com/ for an outstanding range of football programmes, classic magazines, books, shirts, DVD's/VHS's and other football collectables).
Reply }}
Hughton is the type of Manager who has a sell by date. Could ultimately probably get us promoted but no doubt would run out of gas in the top division with potentially relegation back down being the price. Brighton have realised this and moved on. How Parker will fare is totally unknown but as a player who played at the highest level of the game he’s got the potential to become something more than Hughton.
Reply }}
You always take a risk with a young manager in his first job, but he is intelligent, the squad love him and despite his quiet manor I do not believe he will take any nonsense from the players or the management. He is definitely not a lap dog of the Khans as some people have said with no supporting evidence.

Reply }}
(13-05-2019, 05:47 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote: Hughton is the type of Manager who has a sell by date. Could ultimately probably get us promoted but no doubt would run out of gas in the top division with potentially relegation back down being the price. Brighton have realised this and moved on. How Parker will fare is totally unknown but as a player who played at the highest level of the game he’s got the potential to become something more than Hughton.
Fuckin exactly !!!

Brighton we’re getting relegated next season under him.

I’d rather gamble on an underdog
Reply }}
(13-05-2019, 06:26 PM)Tony Mac Wrote:
(13-05-2019, 05:47 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote: Hughton is the type of Manager who has a sell by date.  Could ultimately probably get us promoted but no doubt would run out of gas in the top division with potentially relegation back down being the price.  Brighton have realised this and moved on.  How Parker will fare is totally unknown but as a player who played at the highest level of the game he’s got the potential to become something more than Hughton.
Fuckin exactly !!!

I'm unsure. Whilst he's the personality and leadership to get the fight out of them, does he have the know how to get them playing, defend a lead (Or defend at all) and get us playing nice football that scores us plenty of goals. Unsure as we haven't seen anything yet. 

Hopefully he can attract some quality players, not only for the Championship, but with a view to being in the Prem the year after and us being able to keep some clean sheets.
I want to moonwalk son, but life’s a shithouse.
Reply }}
(13-05-2019, 07:07 PM)Northern FFC Wrote:
(13-05-2019, 05:47 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote: Hughton is the type of Manager who has a sell by date.  Could ultimately probably get us promoted but no doubt would run out of gas in the top division with potentially relegation back down being the price.  Brighton have realised this and moved on.  How Parker will fare is totally unknown but as a player who played at the highest level of the game he’s got the potential to become something more than Hughton.
Fuckin exactly !!!

I'm unsure. Whilst he's the personality and leadership to get the fight out of them, does he have the know how to get them playing, defend a lead (Or defend at all) and get us playing nice football that scores us plenty of goals. Unsure as we haven't seen anything yet. 

Hopefully he can attract some quality players, not only for the Championship, but with a view to being in the Prem the year after and us being able to keep some clean sheets.
The key is a very, very, very, good keeper who will win us games that our three very ordinary keeper have lost.

Reply }}
(13-05-2019, 07:07 PM)Northern FFC Wrote:
Fuckin exactly !!!

You’d think he’d know how to defend and organize as that was a massive part of his game, hopefully he can get Ream back up too speed and Odoi etc.
I’m still not sure about Mawson I feel he may be highly overrated, personally I’d sell him and look for another centerback or two
I’d love to see us buy Chambers but doubt it’ll happen, you never know though I think he’s enjoying life at Fulham playing under Nosy
Reply }}
(13-05-2019, 05:47 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote: Hughton is the type of Manager who has a sell by date. Could ultimately probably get us promoted but no doubt would run out of gas in the top division with potentially relegation back down being the price. Brighton have realised this and moved on. How Parker will fare is totally unknown but as a player who played at the highest level of the game he’s got the potential to become something more than Hughton.

Gary Neville, John Barnes and Alan Shearer are the first 3 names that come to mind of players who played at the top level and were failures at management.

We need proven experience not our finger's crossed.
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}