All Seems So Pointless Now
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/26...ne-year-on
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
It was a fantastic day followed by an awful season. My conclusion is that with the transfer window reduced by a month winning the Championship is a catch 22 situation. Whoever wins the playoff today will be relegated.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/

Gods and miracles only occur in fiction. 
Reply }}
(27-05-2019, 07:50 AM)the time is now Wrote: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/26...ne-year-on

Without going over old ground the biggest failure of having such a dreadful follow up season after winning promotion to the premiership is the death nail it put into our ability to attract new supporters which which after all are the bread and butter to a club. People can argue that tv revenue negates the need, financially anyway, for a large loyal fan base but we all know that smaller gates means less atmosphere etc and in the lower leagues the tv money is a pittance anyway so fans become the life blood of a club. My son was 10 last year and did not take too much interest in my love of Fulham although he did come to the odd game with me but the point is he did not actually care that much. As any parent knows no matter how hard you try you cannot force the love of your club on to your children. It has to happen naturally. Anyway he took more of an interest when we made the play offs and he did seem to really enjoy our day at Wembley. I thought the seed had been sown but his interest completely ebbed away 6/7 games into the Premiership season when it was obvious the large majority of new signings were pony etc and that we were not going to compete at that level. Unlike back in the day when a lot of us were kids children now have so much more stuff competing for their time. If Fulham had held their head up and maybe finished even 12th or something but pulled off the odd nice win over a so called bigger club Fulham as a club would have kept itself in the limelight and the newer fans(the like of my lad)that promotion had hooked may have bedded down for the long haul . Unfortunately we were just powder puff and we went down without a whimper and with that the possibility of gaining some much needed support, Now we have to do it all again and personally I have no faith that if we ever went up again under the present ownership that we wouldn’t just drop again. A massive opportunity was missed with such an embarrassing season but I suppose that is football and us older fans anyway will be here no matter what happens on the pitch. The point is obviously us older generation fans will only be around for so long and Fulham as a club have a large grumpy old git support base so it is vital that new younger grumps are attracted to fill our boots.
Reply }}
I think that we are VERY lucky to have these owners.

They are spending BIG money on the team, the training facilities and the stadium.

If these guys' money doedn't get us up nothing will
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
(27-05-2019, 08:47 AM)Reznor Wrote:
(27-05-2019, 07:50 AM)the time is now Wrote: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/26...ne-year-on

Without going over old ground the biggest failure of having such a dreadful follow up season after winning promotion to the premiership is the death nail it put into our ability to attract new supporters which which after all are the bread and butter to a club. People can argue that tv revenue negates the need, financially anyway, for a large loyal fan base but we all know that smaller gates means less atmosphere etc and in the lower leagues the tv money is a pittance anyway so fans become the life blood of a club. My son was 10 last year and did not take too much interest in my love of Fulham although he did come to the odd game with me but the point is he did not actually care that much. As any parent knows no matter how hard you try you cannot force the love of your club on to your children. It has to happen naturally. Anyway he took more of an interest when we made the play offs and he did seem to really enjoy our day at Wembley. I thought the seed had been sown but his interest completely ebbed away 6/7 games into the Premiership season when it was obvious the large majority of new signings were pony etc and that we were not going to compete at that level. Unlike back in the day when a lot of us were kids children now have so much more stuff competing for their time. If Fulham had held their head up and maybe finished even 12th or something but pulled off the odd nice win over a so called bigger club Fulham as a club would have kept itself in the limelight and the newer fans(the like of my lad)that promotion had hooked may have bedded down for the long haul . Unfortunately we were just powder puff and we went down without a whimper and with that the possibility of gaining some much needed support, Now we have to do it all again and personally I have no faith that if we ever went up again under the present ownership that we wouldn’t just drop again. A massive opportunity was missed with such an embarrassing season but I suppose that is football and us older fans anyway will be here no matter what happens on the pitch. The point is obviously us older generation fans will only be around for so long and Fulham as a club have a large grumpy old git support base so it is vital that new younger grumps are attracted to fill our boots.
Bournemouth are doing ok with a tiny support. Keeping away fan numbers down with the Riverside stand closure will hopefully help us. We seem to struggle when teams bring huge away followings
Reply }}
(27-05-2019, 11:40 AM)Peabody Raver Wrote: I think that we are VERY lucky to have these owners.

They are spending BIG money on the team, the training facilities and the stadium.

I am glad you realise that. As B P said the real problem is the Championship playoff has become a pointless exercise as even with all the spending power by the time we started to get players they had all been cherry picked we were left with the rest and the rest were not good enough either purchased or acquired on loan.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
Imagine if we didn't have their money. We would not have loaned Mitro and got promoted.

Imagine if we didn't have their money. We would not have loaned Mitro and got promoted.
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
Imagine is a good word to use in many circumstances.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
(27-05-2019, 11:40 AM)Peabody Raver Wrote: I think that we are VERY lucky to have these owners.

They could be great owners, but fall short, 'Khan Junior' still trying to justify his position in the Khan Empire, 'the shambles is there for all to see'.
Reply }}
(27-05-2019, 06:09 PM)rebel Wrote:

They could be great owners, but fall short, 'Khan Junior' still trying to justify his position in the Khan Empire, 'the shambles is there for all to see'.

Some while ago a chap on this site kept a database of which manager had the most success in buying players.  I think T K would be in the top quartile of that as because we are the risky end of the market spending relatively small fees for players because of affordability and he has done well with what is available to him.  It is then up to the manager to improve the players he gets not winge about the process that got them.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}