We need a CB, RB & DM. We got?
I would not be surprised if none of those areas were covered.

No replacement for Fredricks Zambo and any one of 3 poor CBs
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
We'll just have to do with what we have at the back and may have to out score teams.
Reply }}
We know they can keep clean sheets, they did so end of last season. The worry is depth. Remember we are now in the Championship. If we get injuries, then we are 'toast'.
Reply }}
(08-08-2019, 05:46 PM)rebel Wrote: We know they can keep clean sheets, they did so end of last season. The worry is depth. Remember we are now in the Championship. If we get injuries, then we are 'toast'.

We had Zambo and Chambers back then...

(08-08-2019, 05:46 PM)rebel Wrote: We know they can keep clean sheets, they did so end of last season. The worry is depth. Remember we are now in the Championship. If we get injuries, then we are 'toast'.

We had Zambo and Chambers back then...
Reply }}
NO RIGHT BACK SIGNED
my only real complaint
Reply }}
I think we have had a good summer window for midfielders.

BUT I thought that last summer as well.

Shame they didn't arrive earlier...
Reply }}
It would appear we now have some industry in midfield. If so we'll have a shield for the defence BUT, once again if we do gain promotion it will need wholesale changes to a section of the team...fucking bizarre.
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
"sometimes great trees grow from small seeds" (Kit Symons 18 April 2015)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
The whole thrust of our summer purchases seems to have been wrongly focused. The FIFA rules seem to have been used as an excuse as the parachute payments and the fact you can use three years of your limit in one go seems to negate this excuse unless we had already done that last season and started this season heavily indebted.

We needed defenders and should have found a way to get them.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/

Gods and miracles only occur in fiction. 
Reply }}
(09-08-2019, 10:08 AM)Mr B P Wrote: The whole thrust of our summer purchases seems to have been wrongly focused.  The FIFA rules seem to have been used as an excuse as the parachute payments and the fact you can use three years of your limit in one go seems to negate this excuse unless we had already done that last season and started this season heavily indebted.

We needed defenders and should have found a way to get them.

There is a three year cycle on FFP perhaps we are coming to the end of it and the accounts are due for submission pdq.
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
"sometimes great trees grow from small seeds" (Kit Symons 18 April 2015)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
I think the lax attitude towards fixing up the defence would have been predicated on the fact that this lot did it before 2 years ago. My worry is that season was very much an exception rather than a rule. Our style of play was perfect for covering up our defensive frailties. The equation that keeping the ball passing it sideways = better than letting the opposition have it and potentially score worked very well with that group as we were strong in attack and weak in defence. Joka whatever his shortcomings in Prem was a VERY good manager at this level and maximised the squad very well. Time will tell if Parker has the strength of character and tactical nous to do the same but looking at how unprepared we were last weekend I have massive doubts to be honest. If we want automatic promotion he doesn’t have long.

Are the old guard really up for fighting out of this division again? Will a bunch of loans really buy in and be up for the battle? Our talent up top is undeniable (arguably the best this division has ever seen?) but we won’t be able to go up on the strength of that alone.
Reply }}