We need a CB, RB & DM. We got?
(09-08-2019, 01:03 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote: I think the lax attitude towards fixing up the defence would have been predicated on the fact that this lot did it before 2 years ago. My worry is that season was very much an exception rather than a rule. Our style of play was perfect for covering up our defensive frailties. The equation that keeping the ball passing it sideways = better than letting the opposition have it and potentially score worked very well with that group as we were strong in attack and weak in defence. Joka whatever his shortcomings in Prem was a VERY good manager at this level and maximised the squad very well. Time will tell if Parker has the strength of character and tactical nous to do the same but looking at how unprepared we were last weekend I have massive doubts to be honest. If we want automatic promotion he doesn’t have long.

Are the old guard really up for fighting out of this division again? Will a bunch of loans really buy in and be up for the battle? Our talent up top is undeniable (arguably the best this division has ever seen?) but we won’t be able to go up on the strength of that alone.

Add to that the fact that if we some how won promotion the team would need a complete rebuild again to come close to competing in the Premiership. There just does not seem to be a logical plan to win promotion and stay up. We may as well live in the championship under the current owners and have the odd good cup run. I could live with that but many probably couldn't. The frustration is that TK and co refuse to employ people who actually may know what they're doing.
Reply }}
(09-08-2019, 01:47 PM)Reznor Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 01:03 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote: I think the lax attitude towards fixing up the defence would have been predicated on the fact that this lot did it before 2 years ago.  My worry is that season was very much an exception rather than a rule.  Our style of play was perfect for covering up our defensive frailties.  The equation that keeping the ball passing it sideways = better than letting the opposition have it and potentially score worked very well with that group as we were strong in attack and weak in defence.  Joka whatever his shortcomings in Prem was a VERY good manager at this level and maximised the squad very well.  Time will tell if Parker has the strength of character and tactical nous to do the same but looking at how unprepared we were last weekend I have massive doubts to be honest.  If we want automatic promotion he doesn’t have long.  

Are the old guard really up for fighting out of this division again?  Will a bunch of loans really buy in and be up for the battle?  Our talent up top is undeniable (arguably the best this division has ever seen?) but we won’t be able to go up on the strength of that alone.

Add to that the fact that if we some how won promotion the team would need a complete rebuild again to come close to competing in the Premiership. There just does not seem to be a logical plan to win promotion and stay up. We may as well live in the championship under the current owners and have the odd good cup run. I could live with that but many probably couldn't. The frustration is that TK and co refuse to employ people who actually may know what they're doing.

No team in the Championship can afford the wages of Premier League players.  The average weekly wage of a Premier League player is £50,000, for a Championship player it is £8,000 per week.  This make it totally impossible to afford to have a Premier League quality team in the Championship and the reason for the parachute payments.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
(09-08-2019, 02:07 PM)the time is now Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 01:03 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote: I think the lax attitude towards fixing up the defence would have been predicated on the fact that this lot did it before 2 years ago.  My worry is that season was very much an exception rather than a rule.  Our style of play was perfect for covering up our defensive frailties.  The equation that keeping the ball passing it sideways = better than letting the opposition have it and potentially score worked very well with that group as we were strong in attack and weak in defence.  Joka whatever his shortcomings in Prem was a VERY good manager at this level and maximised the squad very well.  Time will tell if Parker has the strength of character and tactical nous to do the same but looking at how unprepared we were last weekend I have massive doubts to be honest.  If we want automatic promotion he doesn’t have long.  

Are the old guard really up for fighting out of this division again?  Will a bunch of loans really buy in and be up for the battle?  Our talent up top is undeniable (arguably the best this division has ever seen?) but we won’t be able to go up on the strength of that alone.

No team in the Championship can afford the wages of Premier League players.  The average weekly wage of a Premier League player is £50,000, for a Championship player it is £8,000 per week.  This make it totally impossible to afford to have a Premier League quality team in the Championship and the reason for the parachute payments.

Nobody said all the players had to be on huge wages. It's about having a scout/recruitmemt network with the ability to find good solid players who may be able to step up to the prem. I know it's not easy to do but not every team that has won promotion to the Prem has come straight back down.
Reply }}
(09-08-2019, 04:51 PM)Reznor Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 02:07 PM)the time is now Wrote:

Nobody said all the players had to be on huge wages. It's about having a scout/recruitmemt network with the ability to find good solid players who may be able to step up to the prem. I know it's not easy to do but not every team that has won promotion to the Prem has come straight back down.

You really do not get it.  The highest valued player in the Championship is Mitro worth £20m.  That is peanuts in the Premier League.  No matter how good your scouting system is you will not find many PL quality players who will want to play in the Championship.  They know two years on PL wages even if they never start a game will set them up for life.  The promoted teams will find it more and more difficult to survive in the PL.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
(09-08-2019, 05:08 PM)the time is now Wrote:

You really do not get it.  The highest valued player in the Championship is Mitro worth £20m.  That is peanuts in the Premier League.  No matter how good your scouting system is you will not find many PL quality players who will want to play in the Championship.  They know two years on PL wages even if they never start a game will set them up for life.  The promoted teams will find it more and more difficult to survive in the PL.

Obviously you don't. Why do you keep going on about Premiership wages or player value?? If your logic is correct no promoted team would ever stay up. If this is the case how have the Watford's, Brighton's and Wolves of this world stayed in the Premiership? They did so because they had a plan. If it was just about the so called value of a player then Zambo and Seri would have been great players and helped us stay up which they clearly didn't.
Reply }}
(09-08-2019, 10:42 PM)Reznor Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 05:08 PM)the time is now Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 01:47 PM)Reznor Wrote: Add to that the fact that if we some how won promotion the team would need a complete rebuild again to come close to competing in the Premiership. There just does not seem to be a logical plan to win promotion and stay up. We may as well live in the championship under the current owners and have the odd good cup run. I could live with that but many probably couldn't. The frustration is that TK and co refuse to employ people who actually may know what they're doing.

Obviously you don't. Why do you keep going on about Premiership wages or player value?? If your logic is correct no promoted team would ever stay up. If this is the case how have the Watford's, Brighton's and Wolves of this world stayed in the Premiership? They did so because they had a plan. If it was just about the so called value of a player then Zambo and Seri would have been great players and helped us stay up which they clearly didn't.

Zambo was a joke of a final day of the window punt and an expensive one at that. The demise of Seri is still pretty head scratching to me. Early on he looked an absolute baller and perfectly at home in the PL but then after the first 6 or 7 games it was like he was cursed and his talent vanished like something out of space jam.
Reply }}
Seri switched off after he got financially stiched up by his old club and Fulham
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
(10-08-2019, 12:55 AM)Peabody Raver Wrote: Seri switched off after he got financially stiched up by his old club and Fulham

Don’t think his heart was ever really here to be honest. If there’s one thing we really fucked up last year it’s the spirit of the team.
Reply }}
(10-08-2019, 11:37 AM)Gandalf the White Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 12:55 AM)Peabody Raver Wrote: Seri switched off after he got financially stiched up by his old club and Fulham

Don’t think his heart was ever really here to be honest.  If there’s one thing we really fucked up last year it’s the spirit of the team.

Good thing Seri was not playing today the wind would have blown him over constantly.
Saved by Khan since 2013
Reply }}
(09-08-2019, 10:56 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 10:42 PM)Reznor Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 05:08 PM)the time is now Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 02:07 PM)the time is now Wrote: No team in the Championship can afford the wages of Premier League players.  The average weekly wage of a Premier League player is £50,000, for a Championship player it is £8,000 per week.  This make it totally impossible to afford to have a Premier League quality team in the Championship and the reason for the parachute payments.

Zambo was a joke of a final day of the window punt and an expensive one at that.  The demise of Seri is still pretty head scratching to me.  Early on he looked an absolute baller and perfectly at home in the PL but then after the first 6 or 7 games it was like he was cursed and his talent vanished like something out of space jam.

This might bizarrely make sense https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossi...-transfer/
Reply }}