The Danger of Popularism
(09-08-2019, 02:13 PM)the time is now Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 11:00 AM)Patrick Wrote: Just a 'technical ' point BP........the term is actually POPULISM ......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism

I am a poet and allowed to make up any word.  I believe my word is much better to describe the disease, anyway it is a legitimate spelling of the word:

popularism
Jump to navigationJump to search

Contents
1 English
1.1 Etymology
1.2 Noun
1.3 See also
English
Etymology
popular +‎ -ism

Noun
popularism (uncountable)

Any political doctrine chosen to appeal to a majority of the electorate.
If you say so...........
Reply }}
So it’s official; BP is our very own modern day Shakespeare
Carpe Diem
Reply }}
(09-08-2019, 06:03 PM)mtfulham Wrote: So it’s official; BP is our very own modern day Shakespeare

Yes, there will be a plaque on this site so visitors in decades to come can admire his brilliance,

The legend that is BP posted on this site.
Reply }}
I will accept the adulation in the way it was offered. It will not change my life but any monetary rewards I consequently gain will be spent on greater away game participation.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/all-news

Khan must be told that not all mild mannered people are a super heroes.
Reply }}
(09-08-2019, 11:31 AM)MR WHITE Wrote: The thing is .... is capitalism a threat to democracy ?

Yep as is the big money football that BP laps up
Reply }}
Hi all, yes I am really back and this thread is right up my street. In my opinion we need to have adults in charge of things not overgrown narcissistic children like Trump and Boris. In history wars and misery are usually caused by people with vast egos and problems in their childhoods and problems are resolved by caring thinking humble people...in general.
Reply }}
Trump and Boris = emotional dead beats.
Reply }}
(10-08-2019, 09:41 AM)Martinis back! Wrote: Hi all, yes I am really back and this thread is right up my street. In my opinion we need to have adults in charge of things not overgrown narcissistic children like Trump and Boris. In history wars and misery are usually caused by people with vast egos and problems in their childhoods and problems are resolved by caring thinking humble people...in general.

Welcome back!!  Big Grin
Reply }}
Thanks Rebel!
Reply }}