Too all the people that wrote Tim Ream off
We should not go to overboard about yesterday as Blackburn gave us the freedom of the pitch making it easy for us to play our cultured football. I was impressed with the new players. Arter impressed me in particular as his cover of the defence allowed Cairney to express himself as he has not done for a while.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/all-news

Khan must be told that not all mild mannered people are a super heroes.
Reply }}
If Ream and Mawson stays fit (that’s a big if to be fair) and we continue to play possession football I think defensively we should be alright.

As mentioned I think Mitro will thrive with Reid in and around him. The question is can we get away with Cav, Mitro, Reid and Knockaert in the team? We could play a 4-2-3-1 with the ball and set up with two banks of 4 without if we played that way. I think Knockaert works hard enough to be able to do that but I’m not sure about Cav. I worry a little bit more defensively down our left. I think Scott will probably still want an extra CM in there for ball possession but that attacking tandem would scare teams literally shitless.

We’ve got plenty of hustle and bustle in Centre mid now. Was really glad with how hard everyone worked overall to be honest, that’s going to be the crutch with this team. Bit sluggish at times but hopefully that’s because it’s early. Keep everyone motivated and we’re in for a good season.

Seems like we have more experience and quality in attack than we did under Joka. That potentially takes the pressure off the full backs to have to do too much going forward. I though Odoi did ok at RB. I think we can afford to have more “solid” options back there (if you can call Dennis that..)

Waiting to see how long it will take for us to concede with whole deep goal kick routine... It’s early days and everything I’ve said above could end up being bollocks but promising with insane potential is the phrase I would use to describe yesterday.
Reply }}
(11-08-2019, 02:50 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote: If Ream and Mawson stays fit (that’s a big if to be fair) and we continue to play possession football I think defensively we should be alright.  

As mentioned I think Mitro will thrive with Reid in and around him.  The question is can we get away with Cav, Mitro, Reid and Knockaert in the team?  We could play a 4-2-3-1 with the ball and set up with two banks of 4 without if we played that way.  I think Knockaert works hard enough to be able to do that but I’m not sure about Cav.  I worry a little bit more defensively down our left.  I think Scott will probably still want an extra CM in there for ball possession but that attacking tandem would scare teams literally shitless.  

We’ve got plenty of hustle and bustle in Centre mid now.  Was really glad with how hard everyone worked overall to be honest,  that’s going to be the crutch with this team.  Bit sluggish at times but hopefully that’s because it’s early.  Keep everyone motivated and we’re in for a good season.  

Seems like we have more experience and quality in attack than we did under Joka.  That potentially takes the pressure off the full backs to have to do too much going forward.   I though Odoi did ok at RB.  I think we can afford to have more “solid” options back there (if you can call Dennis that..)

Waiting to see how long it will take for us to concede with whole deep goal kick routine... It’s early days and everything I’ve said above could end up being bollocks but promising with insane potential is the phrase I would use to describe yesterday.

I think Odoi was a lot better than OK has he did a very good cover in the centre as well as on his own side.  The defence with Arter in front looked as solid as it has for a long time.  I do not believe Blackburn had a shot on target in the whole game and that is down as much to good defending as it is bad finishing.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/all-news

Khan must be told that not all mild mannered people are a super heroes.
Reply }}
(10-08-2019, 07:01 PM)mtfulham Wrote: TIM FUCKING REAM looked a class act today, and I actually feel a lot more positive about our back 5. Given the undeniable talent we have going forward, once they gel together I think we’re in good shape for a top 2 finish

I was mega nervous about our fortunes based on last weeks lacklustre performance but when you consider they've been together a matter of weeks and we've brought in some absolute quality, despite not being the glaring positions we needed, we should do very well when they all 'gel'. 

If we get this team firing we should walk the league, we all know it won't be anywhere near as easy though....
I want to moonwalk son, but life’s a shithouse.
Reply }}
(12-08-2019, 12:06 AM)Northern FFC Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 07:01 PM)mtfulham Wrote: TIM FUCKING REAM looked a class act today, and I actually feel a lot more positive about our back 5. Given the undeniable talent we have going forward, once they gel together I think we’re in good shape for a top 2 finish

I was mega nervous about our fortunes based on last weeks lacklustre performance but when you consider they've been together a matter of weeks and we've brought in some absolute quality, despite not being the glaring positions we needed, we should do very well when they all 'gel'. 

If we get this team firing we should walk the league, we all know it won't be anywhere near as easy though....
Agree.
Reply }}