I Know It Is An International Break But
People must have something to say about Fulham.  All the people who listen on this site but do not speak, try speaking and get a debate going no matter how stupid the subject may sound.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/

Gods and miracles only occur in fiction. 
Reply }}
Controversial topic matter:

Mitrovic’s (Love the guy) lack of ability to press and play on the counter makes him difficult to fit into a modern day mid table premier league team (unless of course we became a lump it team and totally changed our identity).
Reply }}
(09-09-2019, 09:33 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote: Controversial topic matter:

Mitrovic’s (Love the guy) lack of ability to press and play on the counter makes him difficult to fit into a modern day mid table premier league team (unless of course we became a lump it team and totally changed our identity).

We can become a passing team who passes long when the situation allows, ie one of our players in space heading toward goal.  The best passers can pass it 6" and 30 ft with equal accuracy so to not let them do it is wasting a resource.

Reply }}
if our wingers cross the ball to him he will score.

Simples
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
(09-09-2019, 10:19 PM)Mr B P Wrote:

We can become a passing team who passes long when the situation allows, ie one of our players in space heading toward goal.  The best passers can pass it 6" and 30 ft with equal accuracy so to not let them do it is wasting a resource.

I’m not even saying I necessarily agree with the above statement but it’s something I’ve thought about. I do think if we go up again with Mitro you do have build the team around him in order for it to work. I think it’s worth it because I think he could probably net 20 in the top division given the right circumstances. I’d actually quite like to see him in a more conventional 4-4-2 with someone in and around him to help support him.

The whole way we play at the moment is based around ball possession so long passes of high quantity are a bit of a no no as they result in giving the ball away more. I do think we need to try them more but If we ever went up again we need a whole new better quality defence to mitigate this and more ball winners and physicality in centre mid. We need to be much better without the ball.
Reply }}
(09-09-2019, 11:20 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 10:19 PM)Mr B P Wrote:

I’m not even saying I necessarily agree with the above statement but it’s something I’ve thought about.  I do think if we go up again with Mitro you do have build the team around him in order for it to work.  I think it’s worth it because I think he could probably net 20 in the top division given the right circumstances.  I’d actually quite like to see him in a more conventional 4-4-2 with someone in and around him to help support him.

The whole way we play at the moment is based around ball possession so long passes of high quantity are a bit of a no no as they result in giving the ball away more.  I do think we need to try them more but If we ever went up again we need a whole new better quality defence to mitigate this and more ball winners and physicality in centre mid.  We need to be much better without the ball.

If you watch the goals against Millwall, the defender passed the ball quickly passed to a midfielder who passed it quickly to a running forward. It is the passing the ball around the back when we have midfielders waiting for the ball that annoys me as against a pressing opponent is is very risky.

Reply }}
It's beholden on the others, notably the mids to quickly create a forward out ball and so on for Mitro to put it in the net.
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
"sometimes great trees grow from small seeds" (Kit Symons 18 April 2015)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}
(10-09-2019, 08:25 AM)Whiteforester Wrote: It's beholden on the others, notably the mids to quickly create a forward out ball and so on for Mitro to put it in the net.

Thou hast never spaken such wise words. Amen.

Reply }}
(09-09-2019, 11:20 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote:

I’m not even saying I necessarily agree with the above statement but it’s something I’ve thought about. I do think if we go up again with Mitro you do have build the team around him in order for it to work. I think it’s worth it because I think he could probably net 20 in the top division given the right circumstances. I’d actually quite like to see him in a more conventional 4-4-2 with someone in and around him to help support him.

The whole way we play at the moment is based around ball possession so long passes of high quantity are a bit of a no no as they result in giving the ball away more. I do think we need to try them more but If we ever went up again we need a whole new better quality defence to mitigate this and more ball winners and physicality in centre mid. We need to be much better without the ball.

A club our size with the limited resources the FFP would give us may find it impossible to compete trying to play the possession game. We would have to make fundemental changes to the tactics used in the championship. I would fear for us again in the Prem trying to out pass other teams. Look at Wolves, they gain many points countering teams that hold on to the ball. We would have to change or go though the whole trying to play football thing again but being battered most weeks.
Reply }}
(10-09-2019, 12:29 PM)Reznor Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 11:20 PM)Gandalf the White Wrote:

A club our size with the limited resources the FFP would give us may find it impossible to compete trying to play the possession game. We would have to make fundemental changes to the tactics used in the championship. I would fear for us again in the Prem trying to out pass other teams. Look at Wolves, they gain many points countering teams that hold on to the ball. We would have to change or go though the whole trying to play football thing again but being battered most weeks.

Indeed, we should be using this campaign to hone our counter attacking game by improving our speed of transition.
"there is not a lot of difference between doing well and doing bad" (M Jol, 29-Nov-2013)
"sometimes great trees grow from small seeds" (Kit Symons 18 April 2015)
“Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League.” (S Khan 14 Nov 2018)
Reply }}