Bettinelli
I watched the Sky version of yesterday match this morning and came to the conclusion that a good keeper would have saved both of their goals.  The first Charlton goal was not hit particularly hard in Betts was in the correct position he should have saved it.  The second goal gently looped over his head because he was way off his line for reasons only he knows.  That said he had time to move back and punch it away or even tip it away from where he stood.

I think more than half the goals we have conceded this season are down to Bettinelli's failings.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/

Gods and miracles only occur in fiction. 
Reply }}
(06-10-2019, 02:30 PM)Mr B P Wrote: I watched the Sky version of yesterday match this morning and came to the conclusion that a good keeper would have saved both of their goals.  The first Charlton goal was not hit particularly hard in Betts was in the correct position he should have saved it.  The second goal gently looped over his head because he was way off his line for reasons only he knows.  That said he had time to move back and punch it away or even tip it away from where he stood.

I think more than half the goals we have conceded this season are down to Bettinelli's failings.

Agreed......the second goal in particular was poor.....

time to give Rodak a chance....
Reply }}
To be honest; the guys in front should be doing better, both goals could have been avoided, if the player crossing had been closed down; they were given so much time and space. Not the first time this season.
Reply }}
(06-10-2019, 04:59 PM)rebel Wrote: To be honest; the guys in front should be doing better, both goals could have been avoided, if the player crossing had been closed down; they were given so much time and space. Not the first time this season.

Defenders make mistakes, brilliant play beat them the keeper is present to cover these problems more times than not.  Betts does not do that and that of course that makes the defence worried.  It is a catch 22 situation.  

This is rather like the Kamara situation where no matter how useless he was people still supported him.

Our NO 1 keeper is a liability that is holding back our progress.

Reply }}
Second goal was largely Mawson’s fault, been outplayed by 170cm player wtf. Blew away a freekick a while after in a hope to rehabilitate himself. We better stop losing points to complacent bullshit like this Sad
Reply }}
(06-10-2019, 06:28 PM)Mr B P Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 04:59 PM)rebel Wrote: To be honest; the guys in front should be doing better, both goals could have been avoided, if the player crossing had been closed down; they were given so much time and space. Not the first time this season.

Defenders make mistakes, brilliant play beat them the keeper is present to cover these problems more times than not.  Betts does not do that and that of course that makes the defence worried.  It is a catch 22 situation.  

This is rather like the Kamara situation where no matter how useless he was people still supported him.

Our NO 1 keeper is a liability that is holding back our progress.

He was the hero according to some; of our 23 game unbeaten run during our promotion season!!
Reply }}
As I said it is the same with Kamara it take certain people to realise the truth. Does his father still work for Fulham?

This is my last word until the January window as their is nothing we can do anything until then as I do not believe any of the other keepers are any better.

By then, to our cost, realisation of the truth will be seen by most.

Reply }}
I dont like blaming goalkeepers but unfortunately we'd be top with a decent keeper. He's conceded some very weak goals
Reply }}
He's definitely the weak link.
Reply }}
Every goal can be 'attributed' to someone who could and should have done much more to prevent it, even before we get to 'Betts'; yes he should do much better; there is a joint responsibility.

If he's not up to scratch; he will lose his place, it's that simple.
Reply }}