Parker in or out?
Out for me. Similarities to Kit Symons with a rookie given the job and beginning to look out of his depth. Symons was let go after a 5-2 defeat in our 16th game of that campaign to Birmingham. We play Birmingham next and you guessed it. It's the 16th game of this campaign. I do not think replacing the manager is problematic at this stage of the season. I think with the right manager, Hector available in the new year and one or 2 signings we could still easily win promotion. It reminds me of when Wilkins was let go. We had a bunch of great attacking footballers and Wilkins had us playing crab football thus strangling our attacking threat. Wilkins was removed, Keegan set the players free and the rest is history. Parker's side are a mirror image of that Wilkins side and it's depressing watching talented attacking players bogged down in such awful, restrictive tactics. PARKER OUT!
Reply }}
For me Parker hasn't got the personality to lift the team 'week in week out'; he's got 'tunnel vision', is set in his ways; I think the team are sensing this; even if you forget any defensive frailties; we should be flying. We aren't the top scorers in the Championship, we should be out of sight; no disrespect to the other teams, but there isn't a dominant team. We should easily be that dominant team.

We have the talent, we need a 'Klopp' type manager. Oozes personality, Joka had bundles of it.
Reply }}
(03-11-2019, 12:09 PM)rebel Wrote: For me Parker hasn't got the personality to lift the team 'week in week out'; he's got 'tunnel vision', is set in his ways; I think the team are sensing this; even if you forget any defensive frailties; we should be flying. We aren't the top scorers in the Championship, we should be out of sight; no disrespect to the other teams, but there isn't a dominant team. We should easily be that dominant team.

We have the talent, we need a 'Klopp' type manager. Oozes personality, Joka had bundles of it.

Spot on, Rebel. Combination of tunnel vision and obstinacy is proving disastrous.
Reply }}
out.
enough said...
Part of the White Wall...
Reply }}
OUT,I'm sorry he's going nowhere let him learn by his mistakes in the national league or something,there is a little matter of money and challenging for promotion,kahns cheque book and ambition is a whole mentality above backyard Parker !
God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change.
Reply }}
I just don’t think he has the personality to be a main man. Maybe the Khans look at Lampard and Gerrard and think things are going to pan out successfully? Wouldn’t be the first time there oversimplified view of things have cost us. Parker told Khan the defence was the area that needed the least amount of work in the summer. Our only left back has just gone down (anyone know how serious it is?) and we conceded 3 goals while having 75% of the ball at home to a team that will likely finish mid table at best. If there ever was a sign this just isn’t working as currently constructed that would be it.

Tactics and play style are obviously massive but at its heart I’ve said it before I’ll say it again this team are a mood team. Just look at the last few years. Jokanovic was a motivator. Despite his broken English every single press conference was positive positive positive. A reckless belief in his style of football that in the end cost him his job at premier league level but got us out of this division because we had the best squad. Parker just doesn’t give me that vibe. He seems pretty timid generally and tactically isn’t there yet as proven by the farce at Stoke. You can argue he’ll get better with time but the championship is tough and if your aim is auto promotion how do we have time for his development? We’re clearly in win now mode when it comes to squad so why the hell aren’t we when it comes to the manager?

We’re 15 games in now. I think that’s a decent sample size to gauge how we are going. If the Stoke and Hull losses had happened early doors you’d be worried but you could still blame it on time spent together. This should not be happening now. The aim was Auto Promotion and we look far from it right now. I just can’t see this working.
Reply }}
Usually managers are given a 50/50 chance by fans but judging from what i'm seeing its more like 90/10 people think he should leave.  We have the strongest squad in the division by a mile and have already lost to relegation fodder Barnsley and Stoke and yesterday was totally unacceptable.  This is a top 2 squad with a half decent manager.  We should be running away with this title. Sorry Scott. I like you but this is probably a job too soon.
Reply }}
I’m sorry Grasshopper you’re not ready yet.
Reply }}