Does the team really test the opposition keeper?
Good to get some views on that.
Reply }}
No because our strikers are good enough to put the ball past the keeper and most of the keepers, like most of the players in the Championship, are crap.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/

Gods and miracles only occur in fiction. 
Reply }}
Crap ?
Sheffield United ?
Reply }}
(02-12-2019, 04:06 PM)Mr B P Wrote: No because our strikers are good enough to put the ball past the keeper and most of the keepers, like most of the players in the Championship, are crap.

Let me rephrase the question in 1800's speak. Does the opposition keeper have to work his socks off to keep our team out. For me we don't get enough shots on target consistently. Just my opinion.  Big Grin
Reply }}
(02-12-2019, 06:35 PM)rebel Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 04:06 PM)Mr B P Wrote: No because our strikers are good enough to put the ball past the keeper and most of the keepers, like most of the players in the Championship, are crap.

Let me rephrase the question in 1800's speak. Does the opposition keeper have to work his socks off to keep our team out. For me we don't get enough shots on target consistently. Just my opinion.  Big Grin

We create enough chances to win most game and that is good enough.

Reply }}
(02-12-2019, 07:39 PM)Mr B P Wrote:

Well, against Swansea, they had some really good chances and we just 'crawled' across the finishing line so the answer is 'no'.
Reply }}
(02-12-2019, 08:42 PM)rebel Wrote:

Well, against Swansea, they had some really good chances and we just 'crawled' across the finishing line so the answer is 'no'.
We are the favourites to win this League and every team will want to beat us an play at their best so we cannot expect to hammers team.  The win at Swansea was very professional, Rodak keeps them out, Mitro scored the goals and our defence keeps them out.  That is how all the best teams win games.

It would be nice and comfortable if we could create shed loads of chances and score tons of goals but we are the favourites to win this League and virtually ever team will play at their best and want to beat us, so we will not have any easy games and will have to fight for every point.

Against Swansea Rodak kept us in the game and Mitro won it for us, but the most impressive part of our performance was the clever we kept Swansea out of the game. Our defence is looking like a solid unit.

Reply }}
(02-12-2019, 09:16 PM)Mr B P Wrote:

We are the favourites to win this League and every team will want to beat us an play at their best so we cannot expect to hammers team.  The win at Swansea was very professional, Rodak keeps them out, Mitro scored the goals and our defence keeps them out.  That is how all the best teams win games.

It would be nice and comfortable if we could create shed loads of chances and score tons of goals but we are the favourites to win this League and virtually ever team will play at their best and want to beat us, so we will not have any easy games and will have to fight for every point.

Against Swansea Rodak kept us in the game and Mitro won it for us, but the most impressive part of our performance was the clever we kept Swansea out of the game. Our defence is looking like a solid unit.

So the answer is 'no'.
Reply }}
(03-12-2019, 08:30 AM)rebel Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:16 PM)Mr B P Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 06:35 PM)rebel Wrote: Let me rephrase the question in 1800's speak. Does the opposition keeper have to work his socks off to keep our team out. For me we don't get enough shots on target consistently. Just my opinion.  Big Grin

Against Swansea Rodak kept us in the game and Mitro won it for us, but the most impressive part of our performance was the clever we kept Swansea out of the game.  Our defence is looking like a solid unit.

So the answer is 'no'.

We are creating enough chances to win this League particularly with a striker who take nearly every good chance he gets.

Reply }}