The big question..for me anyway is..
If we can only manage 2 shots on target against a team like Millwall when we have a far superior squad in terms of quality and cost how do we expect to create the chances we need in the premiership(should we win promotion) where we’ll face teams of, at the very least, the same level of quality and transfer fees and in many cases far higher quality and cost. Even after we’ve no doubt strengthened the team. I’m absolutely certain we’ll be coming right back down again. Even the great Tigana could not get us to pass our way to safety in the premiership. I remember when under him we went to Liverpool had 70% possession but guess what. Lost 3-0. The only way the club the size of us stays in the Premiership is with a pragmatic style. That is why Hodgson was the perfect fit. This dream that we can some how play a lovely passing game and be comfortable in the top flight is just that. A dream. Wolves have it right with a game based on power and speed and they are exciting to watch too.
Reply }}
Ultimately I agree but getting the statto’s at the club to realise that is another story. Norwich played nice football and won the league last year and they are dead last. Villa struggle at the bottom of the table and they spent more than us however it’s the more pragmatic Sheffield United who have done miles better than the other two.
Reply }}
(15-02-2020, 12:39 AM)Gandalf the White Wrote: Ultimately I agree but getting the statto’s at the club to realise that is another story.  Norwich played nice football and won the league last year and they are dead last.  Villa struggle at the bottom of the table and they spent more than us however it’s the more pragmatic Sheffield United who have done miles better than the other two.

Sheffield trusted the players who got them up with a few new players where their were weaknesses.  They did not replace the whole team like we did.  When Parker took over he largely reverted to the original players and we began to look like a PL team for the few game left.

Those are the lessons Parker has learnt so if we are promoted we will do all right.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/all-news

Khan must be told that not all mild mannered people are a super heroes.
Reply }}
Pepper ain’t learnt shit, we would get rinsed week in week out in the premier league the way we play.

Maybe where in it purely for the parachute dough
Up Down Up Down Up Down
Reply }}
(15-02-2020, 12:49 AM)Mr B P Wrote:
(15-02-2020, 12:39 AM)Gandalf the White Wrote: Ultimately I agree but getting the statto’s at the club to realise that is another story.  Norwich played nice football and won the league last year and they are dead last.  Villa struggle at the bottom of the table and they spent more than us however it’s the more pragmatic Sheffield United who have done miles better than the other two.

Sheffield trusted the players who got them up with a few new players where their were weaknesses.  They did not replace the whole team like we did.  When Parker took over he largely reverted to the original players and we began to look like a PL team for the few game left.

Those are the lessons Parker has learnt so if we are promoted we will do all right.

That's a wish washy answer that is basically just hope..'we will do all right' That does not answer the question of how our style of play can often be inaffectice against inferior teams. How is this style going to be affective against much stronger teams? The fact there may not be big changes to the squad does not mean anything this time. It's the style of play that will kill us not the personel. As for Sheffield Utd, they have a far more effective game than we have and would put 3/4 passed us no probem with little reply. It'd be men against boys.

(15-02-2020, 01:44 AM)Tony Mac Wrote: Pepper ain’t learnt shit, we would get rinsed week in week out in the premier league  the way we play.

Up Down Up Down Up Down

Yes, I agree. I think this will be the way under the Khan's. They don't have the savy for the top flight. At least it ahould mean we'll always have a decent championship team.

Norwich is a great example of a small to medium sized club trying to play an expansive passing game in the Prem. We're walking down the exact same road as they did and the result will be the same.
Reply }}
(15-02-2020, 06:06 AM)Reznor Wrote:

That's a wish washy answer that is basically just hope..'we will do all right' That does not answer the question of how our style of play can often be inaffectice against inferior teams. How is this style going to be affective against much stronger teams? The fact there may not be big changes to the squad does not mean anything this time. It's the style of play that will kill us not the personel. As for Sheffield Utd, they have a far more effective game than we have and would put 3/4 passed us no probem with little reply. It'd be men against boys.

(15-02-2020, 01:44 AM)Tony Mac Wrote: Pepper ain’t learnt shit, we would get rinsed week in week out in the premier league  the way we play.

Up Down Up Down Up Down

Yes, I agree. I think this will be the way under the Khan's. They don't have the savy for the top flight. At least it ahould mean we'll always have a decent championship team.

Norwich is a great example of a small to medium sized club trying to play an expansive passing game in the Prem. We're walking down the exact same road as they did and the result will be the same.

Didn’t they follow our path first ?

I maintain Parker is preparing us for premier league in this division, we will be amor more flexible in style of play in that division under him and at times might simply bolt the back door shut.

The previous Norwich and Fulham championship sides played a lot more open and expansive and committed numbers forward, only to find in Prem that’s flawed.

At this moment also I think our whole midfield with the exception of Tom from the bench and maybe onomah if keeps improving aren’t good enough for premier league. That’s something we have to face in that transfer window.

There would still be 7-8 new signings but integrating them into training and then into first team is the key ....

Right now no need to worry about this
Reply }}
(15-02-2020, 07:25 AM)woody Wrote:

Up Down Up Down Up Down

I maintain Parker is preparing us for premier league in this division, we will be amor more flexible in style of play in that division under him and at times might simply bolt the back door shut.

The previous Norwich and Fulham championship sides played a lot more open and expansive and committed numbers forward, only to find in Prem that’s flawed.

At this moment also I think our whole midfield with the exception of Tom from the bench and maybe onomah if keeps improving aren’t good enough for premier league. That’s something we have to face in that transfer window.

There would still be 7-8 new signings but integrating them into training and then into first team is the key ....

I don't see this preperarion for the Premiership that you do. How is often looking woefully slow in the build up and struggling to create meaningful chances preperation for a higher league? Surely the opposite would be true.
Reply }}
(15-02-2020, 01:33 PM)Reznor Wrote:
(15-02-2020, 07:25 AM)woody Wrote:

Up Down Up Down Up Down

At this moment also I think our whole midfield with the exception of Tom from the bench and maybe onomah if keeps improving aren’t good enough for premier league.  That’s something we have to face in that transfer window.

I don't see this preperarion for the Premiership that you do. How is often looking woefully slow in the build up and struggling to create meaningful chances preperation for a higher league? Surely the opposite would be true.

I agree with you.

We don't test the opposition keeper enough; we are too predictable; the flair isn't there compared to the promoted 
team; yet we do have a better team. That's down to Parker, too much micro-managing the team. Parker even through a 'wobbly' in an interview after a match.
Reply }}